Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No need for Eir/BT sub anymore if you have Sky sub....

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

In the UK. There's no guarantee that it will have any affect in Ireland as BT don't broadcast in Ireland and the deal has nothing to do with Eir.
    We already don't get the option of choosing individual Sky Sports channels like the do in the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

They better not screw us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,370 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Mr.H wrote: »
    They better not screw us

Because Sky customers aren't being screwed already or anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Not available in Ireland - typical. I happen to get BT free as i'm with Eir broadband.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    i'm with Eir broadband.

That's unfortunate:pac:

• Advertisement

Not available in Ireland - typical. I happen to get BT free as i'm with Eir broadband.

Id rather pay the 25 quid a month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Mr.H wrote: »
    Id rather pay the 25 quid a month

Would you?
    We pay €50 a month for line rental, broadband, BT/Eir TV and all calls at any time including mobiles.

No brainer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

You still need to pay for both all that is happening is that if you are a sky sub you will get access to all of BT channels in HD and instead of paying BT you are paying Sky so that price will be added on.

If you have BT you will get access to the full Now TV app on the BT box at the moment it is only the movies you can get on the BT box

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Would you?
    We pay €50 a month for line rental, broadband, BT/Eir TV and all calls at any time including mobiles.

No brainer.

100% agree with you.

We had the full Sky package of TV, phone and broadband for years. The broadband was atrocious and after dozens of phone calls and unkept promises, we changed to Eir for the phone and broadband a couple of years ago. Not had a single problem with the broadband since then.

Bonus is that I get BT Sports for free now instead of stumping up an extra €21.99 per month or whatever it was.

Dr. Nick wrote:
    Would you? We pay €50 a month for line rental, broadband, BT/Eir TV and all calls at any time including mobiles.

50 a month is really good. I assume though it's an offer price?

When I compared eir and virgin with sky there was little to no saving when offers run out. Having the offer for 6 months is obviously great but quality of service taken into consideration I'd rather be with sky.

I now out of contract (that reminds me to ring and get a new deal) pay 140 for sky Q2TB. I have multiroom box sets cinema and sports along with 100MB actual unlimited broadband. I refuse to pay a company for broadband that claim to be unlimited but have a fair usage policy. I also have phone with calls to Irish landmines but this is unplugged and unused. Mobile phone is for calls. On top of that I pay 16 a month for the bt package (offer that has to be renewed every 2 months).

With all the above I can watch it all anywhere I want on my laptop or phone.

Virgin and eir where about 130 to 140 a month for all the above. Eir give free by sports pack but heir TV service is awful and their broadband is mediocre. As for their customer support...... I'd rather pay the 25 quid a month (if I didn't have the offer) for bt

• Advertisement

We had the full Sky package of TV, phone and broadband for years. The broadband was atrocious and after dozens of phone calls and unkept promises, we changed to Eir for the phone and broadband a couple of years ago. Not had a single problem with the broadband since then.

Had the opposite experience myself. eir where awful to deal with and wouldn't fix my broadband connection for free (it was an issue with their lines) without upgrading my service and paying more. Have had no issues at all with sky's broadband and in fact I've never had such great download speeds. Utorrent downloading at about 7-10mbs which eir would probably throttle me for using in the first place

Advertisement