Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AH Ban

Options
  • 16-12-2017 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭

Hey,

My very first DR, very exciting... I've been directed this way by Conspectus due to a comment made in AH in this thread that we've been unable to resolve via PM. https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057820388

The comment made was in the silly spirit of AH and no way intended as homophobic as Conspectus has clearly inferred it is. My post history shows I'm pro gay marriage etc etc and have no issues with the poster himself. Had that been a man posting about a woman or vice versa my reply would have been just as outrageous and I'm fairly sure I wouldn't be posting here complaining about a ban.

Can we all not be equal and make/take a joke or do I now have to tiptoe around homosexuality because they're somehow special? There are posts a plenty about ratting the girlfriend or lashing it in to her or blasting it with piss but making a tongue in cheek joke in response to the OP looking for advice in AH is slapped straight down with a ban.

Furthermore I'm quite upset that Conspectus has, through omission, clearly inferred I'm a homophobe. I'd like an apology in that regard. That's bang out of order.

Thanks for your time.

PMs as normally required:

Mod: post105575572 That is a horrible comment.

Me: What? It's AH and COMPLETELY tongue in cheek. How is that a bannable offense? If I posted that in LGBT then fair cop but that is in no way out of bounds for AH.

Mod: Yes it is. Read the new charter. Digs at LGBT/travellers etc is forbidden.

Me: How in the name of jebus could that be insinuated as a dig? Are we not allowed to be stupid any more in AH?

Mod: Stupid yes. homophobic digs no.

Me: Ah hold on there, I'm no homophobe and that was not a homophobic post in any shape or form. You look at my post history and you'll see I have no issue with gay people nor Jupiterkid and frankly if you're insinuating I do then I'd ask for an apology from you.

Furthermore please advise if you're going to lift the ban or not so I can take it to dispute resolution as I'm firmly opposed to this ban.

Mod: You can go to the DRP and say you talked to me and I'm not lifting the ban.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

*polite cough*

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Sorry Canis - will drop a reminder to the CMods

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Apologies for the delay, I am on it now.

Thanks, the ban was for one day which has since expired but I'd still like to see if it's possible to have it removed from record and I'm still annoyed that Conspectus was unable to differentiate between an actual homophobic slur and a joke.

Thanks, the ban was for one day which has since expired but I'd still like to see if it's possible to have it removed from record and I'm still annoyed that Conspectus was unable to differentiate between an actual homophobic slur and a joke.

No problem, leave it with me.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

One point of clarification. Complete removal of expired bans is something I don't think we, as Admins, can do. We can though put a note explaining a ban has been overturned in the DRP if necessary though

Hey, that would be fine.

I am going to lift the ban on this occasion.

Just be mindful of how you deliver some jokes.

Beasty wrote: »
    One point of clarification. Complete removal of expired bans is something I don't think we, as Admins, can do. We can though put a note explaining a ban has been overturned in the DRP if necessary though

Many thanks Beasty, may I please request that that note is added?

Resolved.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Thanks to you both.

@Canis Lupus, it will look like a warning message, but it is simply a note that mods can see showing the ban was overturned here

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement