Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPS delivery in donegal

Options
  • 16-12-2017 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Does anyone know if UPS deliver in Donegal or are they contracted out to another courier firm? If so which company?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,103 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I believe its Nightline. See this article.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 yeoj

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭IP freely

UPS in Donegal are handled (at least they were) by Duffy Express based in Newtown. I've had twice parcels delivered by UPS (senders choice not mine) and it was a terrible experience.

Both times parcels sat in Dublin for 3 days because my address was in a "rural location". When you phone UPS they are not the most pleasant either.

If a company uses UPS I will use another company now.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Indeed, that "rural location" thing only seems to be with UPS and it's very irritating! Hate having any deliveries from them. Don't think it's DEF, as they seem generally efficient, and still handle the GLS deliveries.

I try get any UPS deliveries sent to workplace, as there may be a better chance of getting it :)

Package has been in Dublin alright now for a few days as Letterkenny is a rural location. Had heard that if you are not at home when the package arrives that it goes back to Sligo and then you have to be at home for the second attempted delivery. It’s very irritating. I’m eagerly awaiting the call tomorrow from who ever is going to deliver it... knowing my luck I will miss the call.
    Kicking myself that I didn’t put work address in it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

UPS comes from Dublin via Duffys in Newton. They only deliver up here every second day though. Ring Duffys, they have an option for UPS when you ring.

Update... got the parcel via Duffy’s. Must say excellent service by Duffy’s. Was dreading the prospect of niteline doing the delivery.
    Thanks guys for the info.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

UPS comes from Dublin via Duffys in Newton. They only deliver up here every second day though. Ring Duffys, they have an option for UPS when you ring.
    You're right, as I had to ring DEF on another matter earlier, and UPS is on their phone menu when you call (option 5, IIRC).
    I seem to remember UPS being handled by a company in NI some years ago? Anyway, glad to see it's DEF now as they're usually pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭IP freely

byte wrote: »
    You're right, as I had to ring DEF on another matter earlier, and UPS is on their phone menu when you call (option 5, IIRC).
    I seem to remember UPS being handled by a company in NI some years ago? Anyway, glad to see it's DEF now as they're usually pretty good.

Duffys are excellent, it is getting a package as far as DEF from UPS I found tedious.

Advertisement