If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new surround sound

Options
  • 16-12-2017 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I've got a Panasonic btt400 (link below)

https://www.panasonic.com/uk/consumer/home-entertainment/home-cinema-systems/sc-btt400eb.html

I've been noticing that at times I need to really up the volume these days to get decent sound

so I was thinking about upgrading I no longer use the Bluray drive so just need a sound system

any recommendations probably around €400 ish

it would be connected to a Samsung 4k tv and Xbox one x, PlayStation 4  and a virgin media hd box 

thanks in advance

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

dunworth1 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I've got a Panasonic btt400 (link below)

https://www.panasonic.com/uk/consumer/home-entertainment/home-cinema-systems/sc-btt400eb.html

I've been noticing that at times I need to really up the volume these days to get decent sound

so I was thinking about upgrading I no longer use the Bluray drive so just need a sound system

any recommendations probably around €400 ish

it would be connected to a Samsung 4k tv and Xbox one x, PlayStation 4  and a virgin media hd box 

thanks in advance
    Hi dunworth1,

Around that price I would recommend something like the Pioneer VSX531 amp with the Denon SYS2020 speaker system. This package would be 419.98 euro but has 4 HDMI inputs and good speakers for the price.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Hi Kenny

thanks for that that looks decent

if i were you go a step up would there be much improvement?

I'll be looking at buying after Christmas 

thanks again

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Kenny

thanks for that that looks decent

if i were you go a step up would there be much improvement?

I'll be looking at buying after Christmas 

thanks again
    Hey Dunworth1.

You would notice a difference is sound quality if you went up a stage.

Something like the RXV483 along with The Canton Movie 75 speaker pack. We have a bundle deal for £499
    https://www.richersounds.com/yamaha-rxv483-black-and-canton-movie-75-black.html

I really depends on your budget as there are many many options.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

I see I think might need to sit down and do a good bit of research and work out exactly how much I can spend 

i take it generally most people would get a good length of time from the speakers and just change the av receiver every couple of years

do speakers come with speaker cable or is that separate?

thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

I see I think might need to sit down and do a good bit of research and work out exactly how much I can spend 

i take it generally most people would get a good length of time from the speakers and just change the av receiver every couple of years

do speakers come with speaker cable or is that separate?

thanks
    Hi again Dunworth,

100% spot on - generally speaker tech moves slightly slower than AV Electronic Tech - so whilst the general rule in Hi-fi is bias your budget towards the source for AV systems I do feel that you should at least equally split your budget between speakers and AVR - possibly even favouring the speakers.

In general AVR's are getting less expensive whilst Speaker package prices have actually crept up over the last few years and I don't see that changing in the near future.

In terms of cabling - most speakers do not come bundled with cable - but we will always do you a cable deal if you measure up and tell us how much you need we will do our best for you in a bundled deal. 

Thanks again and keep us posted,

ATVB,
    John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.