Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bitcoin V bitcoin cash

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Massacre out there today guys. Red across the board. There's blood on the streets. The bulls and bears have made their money and now the little piggies are being slaughtered.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Bitcoin Cash (and strangely Bitcoin Gold) on a serious pump now.
    This is weirdly exciting and worrying simultaneously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

BTC is undergoing a serious correction - luckily about an hour ago I switched my entire stack to BCH, first time I've ever bought any (or not held any BTC). Once I've made a bit of a gain I think I'll switch to fiat until things settle down.

Will be interesting to see how quickly BTC bounces back from this, the stories of pending transactions building up and high fees are becoming more widespread, people are starting to think twice maybe.

How are transfers to Bittrex these days, anyone any experience of transferring ETH or LTC in, how long should I expect to wait? I think it's time to diversify outside of the coins Bitstamp has to offer. Have a small amount of Neo on Bittrex already and a verified account ready to go.

Or maybe I'll switch back to BTC and ride the wave back up again?? Serious volatility today...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Massacre out there today guys. Red across the board. There's blood on the streets. The bulls and bears have made their money and now the little piggies are being slaughtered.

If we all stopped checking every 10 minutes and instead just once a fortnight or something we'd see nothing but the Bitcoin price rising steadily. :D

• Advertisement

Looking like there'll be a big sell off of BCH once it goes live on Coinbase. Should push the price back a bit from the 4329 they set it at (considering no other exchange is anywhere near that)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,034 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

All the people on Bitcoin forums going crazy about this

1. If someone is anti-regulation or a decentralization fundamentalist, then don't complain about a lack of regulation/standards

2. Coinbase announced it would be accepting BTC Cash before Jan 1st

3. If an individual in the company leaked the details of the exact date, that does not mean the entire company is a "con" or "corrupt", it means they are like every other company in the world and have to investigate their employees (which they are doing)

Looks like BTC cash trading has been suspended again on Coinbase? Price currently showing at $9500(!) but no transactions in the last 11 minutes.
    I don't agree that the price will fall once it hits coinbase, especially with BTC low I think demand will be higher than supply.
    Not sure whether to gamble and leave everything in BCH, split between BCH and BTC or just cash out

It was never enabled. You could create positions since 5pm but trading only commences 60mins after that

Go to GDAX, there are currently over 4500 BCH available to sell at the 4330 price but only 1500 seeking to buy at 4320. Looks like a sell off to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

rickyjb wrote: »
    Looks like BTC cash trading has been suspended again on Coinbase? Price currently showing at $9500(!) but no transactions in the last 11 minutes.
    I don't agree that the price will fall once it hits coinbase, especially with BTC low I think demand will be higher than supply.
    Not sure whether to gamble and leave everything in BCH, split between BCH and BTC or just cash out

Theres currently a lot more sell orders than buy orders

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

rickyjb wrote: »

Coinbase have suspended trading and have stated they’ve started an investigation into insider trading activity.

https://www.ft.com/content/df1f87ab-24b3-3161-bfb3-0b52ba719626
    One of the most popular exchanges for trading digital currencies is investigating its staff and contractors over a sudden surge in prices, its chief executive said on Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

Looking like there'll be a big sell off of BCH once it goes live on Coinbase. Should push the price back a bit from the 4329 they set it at (considering no other exchange is anywhere near that)

Bitstamp was trading at an even higher price.

Theres a serious difference between the BCH-USD and BCH-EUR price on GDAX. EUR way overvalued at 4099. Wish I had some on there to dump at that price.

4mins till go live on coinbase/gdax. This will not be fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

It's live on gdax gentleman. Welcome to the Killing Fields.

Fun has ended, no bloodbath, no moon. complete over reaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭cravings

Brendanwalsh is the most dramatic poster on here.

If we all stopped checking every 10 minutes and instead just once a fortnight or something we'd see nothing but the Bitcoin price rising steadily. :D

I've a feeling its the dopamine bursts from checking it constantly are what's fueling things..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

cravings wrote: »

Been involved in crypto for a couple of weeks and making mad pronouncements about coins left, right and centre.

cravings wrote: »
    Been involved in crypto for a couple of weeks and making mad pronouncements about coins left, right and centre.

My comment was not in relation to Brendan's specifically tbf, just the general circus that these events cause.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Fierce entertaining though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 186 ✭✭Kickstart1.3

Dragging up this debate again as with the Paypal adoption of crypto.
    For someone looking to get into crypto the Bitcoin price of $12,000+ is very off putting.
    If Bitcoin, Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash and Ethereum are to be used then surly buying Bitcoin Cash is cheaper at the moment as the price has been more or less flat over the last few months while Bitcoin has seen a 50% rise in the last few months.
    On Paypal I'm pretty sure all 4 Cryptos will behave the same.
    I can see Paypal users buying the cheaper coins as it is perceived as getting more bang for the buck.
    I think there is a major upside to the other 3 Cryptos.

Just my 10 sats what do others think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

For someone looking to get into crypto the Bitcoin price of $12,000+ is very off putting.
    If Bitcoin, Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash and Ethereum are to be used then surly buying Bitcoin Cash is cheaper at the moment as the price has been more or less flat over the last few months while Bitcoin has seen a 50% rise in the last few months.
    I can see Paypal users buying the cheaper coins as it is perceived as getting more bang for the buck.

You don't have to buy a full Bitcoin. You can buy $10 or $12,000 of either Bitcoin or Bitcoin Trash. Am I understanding you correctly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Personally I wouldn't buy this chart

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 79 ✭✭ChuckieEgg

idk, maybe if you are new to the crypto world it might seem a better choice, might give you warm fuzzy feeling to have 5 Bitcoin cash for €1k rather than 0.009 Bitcoin iykwim.
    As for Paypal, if they allow you to swap between Euros and Crypto on the fly then I suspect the transaction charge for Litecoin or Bitcoin Cash would be cheaper.
    I would hold off now as the market looks like it is pumping on the news.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Donegal1234

Bch has another fork happening on 15th of November aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,469 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

either Bitcoin or Bitcoin Trash. Am I understanding you correctly?

Not sure. But we understand you loud & clear :p

No I'm not new to crypto, what I was really getting at was the perceived value for the new users, i.e the Paypal users who never had Crypto before.
    I said Bitcoin Cash but it could be Litecoin too.

The hard fork on November 15th is going to drive speculation into the coin again. I'm guessing it could double from the current price on the run up to the fork like the last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

No I'm not new to crypto, what I was really getting at was the perceived value for the new users, i.e the Paypal users who never had Crypto before.
    It is a thing (the perception that somehow there's better value to be had in a coin with a lower unit price) but it's also completely irrational.
    The hard fork on November 15th is going to drive speculation into the coin again. I'm guessing it could double from the current price on the run up to the fork like the last time.

If there's any sense, people should now get to the point where they realise that a hard fork is death.

What have Litecoin, BCH and BSV done in the past while? They seem to be going nowhere as far as I can see.

• Advertisement

idk about that. Hardforks are a method of development. Without the next Bitcoin cash hardfork BitcoinABC would effectively be gaming it to there own advantage. Now people get to vote with there wallet, and it looks like the bitcoinABC fork isn't getting much support. Roughly 25%

Either way i don't care too much as it will pump the market just like Paypals Bucket shop of Crypto is doing now

Advertisement