Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW19 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Kane is definitely out for me - can't see him hitting a hatful v Burnley - he might sneak one which I am ok with, and then Southampton at home a few days later will be tough too - then a blank. WIll get him back in then and hopefully he might have dropped a couple of 0.1s and I might be able to buy back at the same price.

Really can't decide who to go for though?

Leaning towards big Rom - have Morata (who I am also running out of patience with) and Calvert Lewin who I will probably stick with as a decent cheapie.

Any suggestions?
    Firminho? (Have salah and coutinho so reluctant to go all in, especially as it means Mané will probably end up getting all the points :D)
    I have had enough of the Kun v Jesus saga and abandoned them both a month or so ago - best decision I ever made as it is such a headache
    Thought about Austin but he has tough fixtures coming up and may get rotated with the fixture schedule too

So Lukaku?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

I'm in two minds about getting rid of Kane. I don't expect much away to Burnley, but I think he could do serious damage against Southampton the following week.

Southampton have been dreadful, and the 1-0 scoreline really flattered them at the weekend. Only for Chelsea's poor finishing, it could have been a hammering. If Spurs have the same opportunities Chelsea had, I'd expect Kane to get a haul.

Whether it's worth keeping him for that game with a blank the following week is the big question though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

I've managed to climb from 1.8 mil to 800k in the last 5 weeks without any City players in that time. (Dilva being shipped out previously).

I've rode that train long enough and may start looking at a city player or two.

2 FTs this week but am thinking with the gap and fixture congestion over Christmas the city team will be like musical chairs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I've managed to climb from 1.8 mil to 800k in the last 5 weeks without any City players in that time. (Dilva being shipped out previously).

I've rode that train long enough and may start looking at a city player or two.

2 FTs this week but am thinking with the gap and fixture congestion over Christmas the city team will be like musical chairs.

Just put in two city mids. Picking between KDB or Silva. Sane or Sterling. Sterling has played a lot lately I expect him to be rested tomorrow in the cup and the play Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

The Austin experiment didn't really pay off and the fact he didn't start at the weekend is not good enough.

I've also experimented with Albrighton, I think I've had positive returns once in the three weeks I've had him. I may keep him as a keep 5th mid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭dicky dunne

Morata + Gros out
    Mane + Austin in

2FT's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

tailgunner wrote: »
    I'm in two minds about getting rid of Kane. I don't expect much away to Burnley, but I think he could do serious damage against Southampton the following week.

Southampton have been dreadful, and the 1-0 scoreline really flattered them at the weekend. Only for Chelsea's poor finishing, it could have been a hammering. If Spurs have the same opportunities Chelsea had, I'd expect Kane to get a haul.

Whether it's worth keeping him for that game with a blank the following week is the big question though.

I think it's better to get rid of him now as the hope of 1 good week out of 3 (with the blank) is not a great incentive to keep him IMO. Especially so when it will be difficult enough to field 11 in GW 21.
    Definitely a good idea to keep the funds to get him back in for the double though and he might be a lot cheaper then too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

Kane is definitely out for me - can't see him hitting a hatful v Burnley - he might sneak one which I am ok with, and then Southampton at home a few days later will be tough too - then a blank. WIll get him back in then and hopefully he might have dropped a couple of 0.1s and I might be able to buy back at the same price.

Really can't decide who to go for though?

Leaning towards big Rom - have Morata (who I am also running out of patience with) and Calvert Lewin who I will probably stick with as a decent cheapie.

Any suggestions?
    Firminho? (Have salah and coutinho so reluctant to go all in, especially as it means Mané will probably end up getting all the points :D)
    I have had enough of the Kun v Jesus saga and abandoned them both a month or so ago - best decision I ever made as it is such a headache
    Thought about Austin but he has tough fixtures coming up and may get rotated with the fixture schedule too

So Lukaku?

I'm in a very similar situation owning Morata and DCL, as well as Kane. I think I will probably take him out to upgrade elsewhere, but there are no strikers jumping out at me. Also considering Lukaku - 2 in his last 2 and some nice fixtures coming up, with Pogba also coming back in, which should see Man U improve in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭slimshady007

Morata + Gros out
    Mane + Austin in

2FT's

Have you confirmed this? I would avoid Mane -
    had him for three games and it was a disaster.

Didn't play in the Brighton game - Liverpool score 5
    Played in the Everton game - was poor (and greedy) and Liverpool draw
    Played in the West Brom - was poor and Liverpool draw
    Didn't play in the Bournemouth game - Liverpool score 4

I "downgraded" to Coutinho for the Bournemouth game, saved 0.4 and he bagged a double figure score while Mane sat on the bench. I know it's a very small set of fixtures but I think Liverpool look more balanced with just 3 of the big 4 playing and Mane looks to be the most dispensable currently which is hard to believe considering he was probably their best player last year.

Now watch him bag a hat trick against Arsenal and you can quote this back to me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Morata to cheapie and Gross to Sterling?

Yeah Morata is doing my nut in. But something is telling me if I sell him, he'll suddenly find form. The season that's in it. May well bank the transfer in the end (tried pulling trigger on aforementioned 3 transfers at 1:14am, it wouldn't go through!!).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

Keeping Kane for DGW because I had him from the start and there is a 0.4 of a difference between what he is worth on my team and what he would cost to buy back in. Now he is sliding in price anyway so feck it, might sell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

manual_man wrote: »
    Yeah Morata is doing my nut in. But something is telling me if I sell him, he'll suddenly find form. The season that's in it. May well bank the transfer in the end (tried pulling trigger on aforementioned 3 transfers at 1:14am, it wouldn't go through!!).

It's a sign! I have him too, reckon he will come good too. Plus he's had a nice rest now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

anyone thinking of Lanzini...

he's due in front of a disciplinary panel for diving. could be a ban.

SlickRic wrote: »

Didn't see games. Is there a precedent set for this? What kind of ban could he get?

Didn't see games. Is there a precedent set for this? What kind of ban could he get?

Niasse got 3 games.

EDIT: 2 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

SlickRic wrote: »

If he gets a 2 match ban he'd be back for gw22 - assuming the ban would be in place before this weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Yes, Niasse got a 2 game ban. Expect Lanzini will get the same.

Diving is cheating and disgusting tactic but hardly as bad as dangerous play which only gets 3 game ban, no?

Benimar wrote: »
    Yes, Niasse got a 2 game ban. Expect Lanzini will get the same.

Sorry, you're right. Edited above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Keeping Kane for DGW because I had him from the start and there is a 0.4 of a difference between what he is worth on my team and what he would cost to buy back in. Now he is sliding in price anyway so feck it, might sell.

If you have had kane since the start (12.5) if you sell now you get 12.6, so worst case scenario it costs 0.2 extra to get him back at 12.8, not 0.4

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Selling Morata and Kane in the last two weeks for Rooney and Firmino has really allowed me to strengthen the team with that extra 7m or so...

DeGea
    Christensen - Otamendi - Ward
    Hazard - Richarlison - Salah - Coutinho - Sterling
    Rooney - Firmino
    SUBS: Elliot, DCL, Duffy, Mariappa
    1 FT and 1.8m in the bank.

Any suggestion on transfers? Ward can be any defender under 6.6m and Richarlison could be Pogba or Silva?

If you have had kane since the start (12.5) if you sell now you get 12.6, so worst case scenario it costs 0.2 extra to get him back at 12.8, not 0.4

Oh right. Maths not my strong point. Might sell him then. Buy some better defence with the difference

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

manual_man wrote: »
    Seriously eying up Depoitre @5.2 as an enabler. In form. Appetizing fixtures. And the extra cash would enable me to upgrade Gross to Sterling, and Mee to Smalling/Jones. - 8 but I could see it seriously paying off. Have the exact funds to do it if I move tonight. :)

I was eyeing him up earlier too. As far as the cheap striker options go I think he may be one of the better ones.

They guy has history scoring goals his whole career. Yes, in smaller leagues, but I'd rather go for someone somewhat proven as a goalscorer like that.

I'm strongly considering Bony in fact as my enabler (in for Morata). Swansea are not an attacking team but at least with Bony you can say he's been there and done it.

I'm still resisting the DCL train. I don't see him as a natural goalscorer and I feel his strengths mainly lie in areas that don't generally translate well into FF points. May well consider after tonight as I have Niasse to ditch at some point and the cheap striking options are very limited!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭steve_r

I've Richarlison, GroB and Kane who have all disappointed recently (bar one or two GWs).

2 FTs but options don't look great at that pricepoint for midfielders, plus selling a fit Kane is something I'm reluctant to do.

Current "idea" is:
    Kane to Lukaku
    GroB to Zaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Like everyone here having the conundrum of getting rid of the premium priced attackers.

Current set up (0.2 ITB)

Courtois | Krul

Alonso | Otamendi | Gomez | Kenny | Simpson

Sterling | Salah | Richarlison | RLC | Surman

Kane | Firmino | Morata

Really want to hang onto Kane, he's too good to keep misfiring and when he does, I want to have cause even at this stage, he'll be a huge differential. Think Morata needs to go and getting a second City Mid looks a necessity

For a -4 I was thinking:

A - Morata & Surman out for KDB & Crouch

B - Morata & Surman out for Sane & Austin/Chicarito/Abraham

What would you do?

steve_r wrote: »
    I've Richarlison, GroB and Kane who have all disappointed recently (bar one or two GWs).

2 FTs but options don't look great at that pricepoint for midfielders, plus selling a fit Kane is something I'm reluctant to do.

Current "idea" is:
    Kane to Lukaku
    GroB to Zaha

Zaha has 2 tough fixtures after next one and he is not exactly setting world on fire. Not convinced Lukaku would do better than Kane either.
    Would you chance Arnautovic or Lanzini with upcoming dgw?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Selling Morata and Kane in the last two weeks for Rooney and Firmino has really allowed me to strengthen the team with that extra 7m or so...

DeGea
    Christensen - Otamendi - Ward
    Hazard - Richarlison - Salah - Coutinho - Sterling
    Rooney - Firmino
    SUBS: Elliot, DCL, Duffy, Mariappa
    1 FT and 1.8m in the bank.

Any suggestion on transfers? Ward can be any defender under 6.6m and Richarlison could be Pogba or Silva?
    I love the look of your team. I would upgrade DCL if I was you considering you have Rooney. Or else change Rooney but I just wouldn't want double Everton attack over Xmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Zaha has 2 tough fixtures after next one and he is not exactly setting world on fire. Not convinced Lukaku would do better than Kane either.
    Would you chance Arnautovic or Lanzini with upcoming dgw?

Zaha has been so so good recently. Wouldn't go getting rid of him.

callaway92 wrote: »
    Zaha has been so so good recently. Wouldn't go getting rid of him.

He is not getting rid. He is buying in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Like everyone here having the conundrum of getting rid of the premium priced attackers.

Current set up (0.2 ITB)

Courtois | Krul

Alonso | Otamendi | Gomez | Kenny | Simpson

Sterling | Salah | Richarlison | RLC | Surman

Kane | Firmino | Morata

Really want to hang onto Kane, he's too good to keep misfiring and when he does, I want to have cause even at this stage, he'll be a huge differential. Think Morata needs to go and getting a second City Mid looks a necessity

For a -4 I was thinking:

A - Morata & Surman out for KDB & Crouch

B - Morata & Surman out for Sane & Austin/Chicarito/Abraham

What would you do?

Probably A as you have a strong team so can afford to perma bench Crouch perhaps. KDB just has that guaranteed factor about him that makes him a captain choice, whereas Sane you might second guess yourself.

KDB really ramping up the form.

B is not a bad option though.

Cout is another player you might consider in this reshuffle

Advertisement