Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW19 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

If you had to pick this week, Aguero or Jesus?

I'm leaning towards Jesus. They tend to rotate and Aguero has started the last two, and there are a lot of rumours of him playing through injury. It's risky but if you can predict who'll start out of those two this week, I feel you'll be on to a winner.

I also feel like most other big strikers will go blank this week, so it could be worth the risk. Morata, Laca, Lukaku all have tough games.

I have Aguero, avoid at all cost. I say to myself I have to get rid but the thing is he has Bournemouth home next, he is destroying my team and every week I think what if I get rid of him and he goes nuts. Then I say I'm keeping him and then he blanks again or gets 1 point.
    I've just talked myself into saying goodbye. Tempted by a -8 of Aguero/Gross/Richarlison to Austin/Sane/Sterling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,510 ✭✭✭✭CSF

If one had gotten the rub of the green with Rooney last night but wanted to get rid before his deep positioning regressed to the mean in terms of output, who would you consider replacing him cheaply with to facilitate a 2nd City attacker?

I’m looking at a 5.9 and under budget, and Murray and DCL are the options that have been running through my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Trying to sort out the defence Moreno ward and chilwell will be making way for masuaku Jones and possibly klavan? Will be be straight out once matip returns? Not sure who else to get under 4.5 have Kenny and marriappa already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

CSF wrote: »
    If one had gotten the rub of the green with Rooney last night but wanted to get rid before his deep positioning regressed to the mean in terms of output, who would you consider replacing him cheaply with to facilitate a 2nd City attacker?

I’m looking at a 5.9 and under budget, and Murray and DCL are the options that have been running through my head.

Quaner or Depoitre and save a bit of money. Huddersfield may have turned a corner and tasty fixtures

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Lads if Aguero is rested tonight he's surely primed for captaincy at weekend?

Thinking of trying a transfer merry go round of with Kane and Aguero:

GW19 Aguero (BOU)
    GW20 Kane (SOU)
    GW21 Aguero (cpl)
    GW22 Kane (DGW)

Have the money and have 14 other starters in my squad with no other major surgeries needed anywhere.

Would be classic Kane to score a brace away at Burnley and classic Pep nto rest Aguero tonight and then again on Saturday. But my gut is telling me Aguero is gonna score big against Bournemouth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

I definitely wouldnt bring Aggy in but if he's rested tonight and you have him I think you've got to strongly consider keeping him one more week for B'mouth at home.

He's capable of a haul still despite recent returns. A lot of defensive attention will be on the midfield lads.

Must be a dilemma though, as he really has had disappinting returns lately despite the starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

siblers wrote: »
    If you downgrade Walker to Kenny/Masouka/Ogbonna, what does that leave in the bank?

I too have Hazard and I would consider downgrading him to free up funds if I didn't have to sort out D.Silva/Ward/Wilson first, his returns have been quite poor recently

Downgrading Walker will leave me with 2.2 ITB and still 1m short to get Pogba. This is where I'm stuck, -8 to move a defender on aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

Would I be right in saying that one of Gomez/TAA tends to always play? Ward is going down in value tonight and need to downgrade to do other moves later in the week, when certain things are clearer. 

I own Gomez, so thought TAA at 4.2 might not be the worst move? Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

mectavba wrote: »
    Would I be right in saying that one of Gomez/TAA tends to always play? Ward is going down in value tonight and need to downgrade to do other moves later in the week, when certain things are clearer. 

I own Gomez, so thought TAA at 4.2 might not be the worst move? Thoughts?

Good move and thinking of a similar move. Liverpool been keeping plenty of CS lately

EDIT: just read the post more closely, you're considering having both, sorry! Can see the logic, but you generally want options and 15 starting players, so not sure if I love this strategy of 1 guaranteed benched player every week.

Ginez is first choice. TAA comes in when Gomez needs a break.

You'll get a cheeky few points out of TAA over the winter break as the matches come thick and fast, but personally think he doesn't play enough to warrant transferring in.

I'd pay the extra for Gomez. Is up there contending for bonus often too and has had more of an attacking threat lately.

He's been very good lately, I watch almost all pool games and I'd be pretty sure that klopp sees this more as a first team / backup scenario than a rotation scenario.

Saying that, the games TAA does get will likely be targetted as the ones where we'll have least to do defensively, so basically home to the bottom 10, so a cleany is likely.

Still I would avoid TAA

My two cents on the situation as a pool fan anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

Ye cheers...nay push the boat out and get Ogbonna/Masauku instead....just was hoping to do sub 4.3 to finance other moves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

Have enough to do Hazard /Richarlison to Sané/Sterling mmmm.

mectavba wrote: »
    Ye cheers...nay push the boat out and get Ogbonna/Masauku instead....just was hoping to do sub 4.3 to finance other moves

Masuaka is definitely a better move than double Liverpool right -back yeah. These types of moves sound good in theory, but then when you get a couple of injuries and rotations you're essentially left with a squad of 14, def not worth it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭Roonbox

Jesus Out - Lukaku in
    Im keeping the faith on Morata for another week and I'm refusing to jump on the Rooney bandwagon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

Roonbox wrote: »
    Jesus Out - Lukaku in
    Im keeping the faith on Morata for another week and I'm refusing to jump on the Rooney bandwagon

I don't think it's a bandwagon. He is a viable option for a forward and has been giving returns.

patmac wrote: »
    Have enough to do Hazard /Richarlison to Santerling mmmm.

Wouldn't do it imo. Hazzy will score big soon imo, he's still playing very very well and Chelsea have 2 very juicy fixtures coming up, captain material for both I would think.

Richy will score consistently all season imo. Constantly involved. Playing in one of the few (only?) bottom 14 teams that I would say are an attacking team. Nailed on. It'll take a few more blanks for me to consider taking him out. If you could do it without losing a lot of money to bring him back in maybe consider it, but I think he'll come back strong at some point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Courtois and Mahrez out for Adrian & KDB for a -4.

Almost seems to make too much sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

km79 wrote: »
    New plan
    Morata rlc out
    DLC sterling in

Midweek
    Zaha to Pogba

Gw21 bench Kane and bank transfer
    Gw 22
    Adrian in along with spurs defender and or midfielder

I’m sure it will have gone pear shaped well before then !

And now I'm thinking kane to aguero and captain
    No hit needed for that madness !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I'm keeping Kane. Namely because I'm too busy elsewhere.

Against the 7 other teams in the top 8 of the league right now Burnley haven't kept a single clean sheet.

For all the talk of their system's resiliency through injury the unsung hero will presumably be missing his first game this season. We all love Mee the main man at the club. Bonus point king.

But who's the better defender him or Tarkowski? Is he one they can't not have playing?

dsmythy wrote: »
    I'm keeping Kane. Namely because I'm too busy elsewhere.

Against the 7 other teams in the top 8 of the league right now Burnley haven't kept a single clean sheet.

For all the talk of their system's resiliency through injury the unsung hero will presumably be missing his first game this season. We all love Mee the main man at the club. Bonus point king.

But who's the better defender him or Tarkowski? Is he one they can't not have playing?

I'm actually only .4 off moratta to aguero
    Could keep kane ...........
    This is the complete opposite of my original plan :D

Need to know aguero is fully fit first though

• Advertisement

New plan
    Morata rlc out
    DLC sterling in

Midweek
    Zaha to Pogba

Gw21 bench Kane and bank transfer
    Gw 22
    Adrian in along with spurs defender and or midfielder

I’m sure it will have gone pear shaped well before then !

And now I'm thinking kane to aguero and captain
    No hit needed for that madness !
    Just remember, an Aguero is not just for Christmas. When the Newcastle game comes along and he is rested, will you still be willing to feed and walk him then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I don't think it's a bandwagon. He is a viable option for a forward and has been giving returns.

He's a forward playing cm, his returns are pretty anomalous. He's not getting in many attacking positions, they've had a crazy glut of penalties, and one goal was a freak from his own half.

FHFC wrote: »

He's a forward playing cm, his returns are pretty anomalous. He's not getting in many attacking positions, they've had a crazy glut of penalties, and one goal was a freak from his own half.
    As a Rooney owner I completely agree, I 100% need off the wagon while I’m still a lucky man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

As a Rooney owner I completely agree, I 100% need off the wagon while I’m still a lucky man.

I'd be soaking up a couple of more price rises before ditching him, the question is who do you replace him with?

I'd be soaking up a couple of more price rises before ditching him, the question is who do you replace him with?
    I’m planning to downgrade him so I can upgrade Zaha to De Bruyne.

But
    Aguero

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

FHFC wrote: »

Jamie Vardy won't score in 12 league games in a row, they said....

Yaya Toure won't score freak goals every week, get penalties a minute after Sergio is subbed and develop a knack of free kicks, they said....

Aaron Ramsey won't turn into Ronaldo for 4 months, they said....

Michu can't sustain continue to score goal after goal after goal, they said....

They'll regress to the mean, you said... :pac:

A full season too late. Sure I was right, eventually, but at what cost?

My sanity, you say? Well yeah okay that's true :P

Oh and my point you ask? I don't really remember....probably something to do with PVA!

But
    Aguero
    Ok that Leicester with Jesus still on the pitch changes everything. If Aguero can still walk he starts at the weekend.

130 minutes for jesus .........
    Now I never wish an injury on any player
    But
    A niggle to keep him out for 3 games would be ok wouldn't it ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

Can anyone give me a few suggestions for a striker under 6.4 that's fixtures alternate well with DCL?

Advertisement