Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone stop Limerick (phone repair shop)

• 16-12-2017 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I have a Samsung Neo S5 and needed my phone screen repaired, overall it was €120.00.

I arrived on friday, 10 November 2017,
    I were told originally it would take 2 hours so I waited two hours only to arrive to an apology that my number wasnt taken and that it would take the weekend to repair. I was assured that it would be ready by Monday.

I arrived the next Friday 17 November 2017 for collection and was told it was not ready.I arrived the next Saturday the 25 November 2017 and the following events are why I am posting this.

I arrived into the shop and I was handed my phone. I wasnt sure if it was the back of my phone as it was a different texture in addition my phone cover had been lost but it wasnt worth the hassle to complain. The shop owner apologised for the above events and so I left the store with phone in hand.

Outside the store, I tried turning on my phone and it kept vibrating so to be safe I went back into the store to turn it on so I could not be accused of tampering with it. The phone turned on and I noticed that the brand on the home screen was a different make, I asked if they were sure it was my phone, I was assured it was as it was the only Samsung S5 they had received in the last two months.

When turned on, all of my apps, pictures and music had been wiped, I asked if this was a normal thing to happen and the manager/shop person said he would call the warehouse to see.

He took the phone from me as he called the warehouse and thats when I remembered that my phone had a cracked camera. Once off the phone, I was assured that sometimes this happens and not to worry. I checked the camera, noticed there was no crack and asked if they had replaced the camera too. They hadnt. I asked one last time if they were sure if this was my phone, and the shop owner became very agressive towards me insisting that it was my phone. As I am sure you have realised by now, it was not my phone. Only when it was revealed to be synced to a different email address did the shop concede and located my actual phone in a warehouse in ennis.

Overall, I was told repeatedly that someone elses phone was mine and was allowed to leave the shop with someone elses phone. Despite my family being return customers I was offered no discount or compensation or any good will gesture as an apology. Has anyone else had any similar kind of experiences with this thing? What should i do?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

One of these dodgy places?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Racheljen17

bigpink wrote: »
    One of these dodgy places?

To be fair, we have used this shop before and we have had no problems, it has had a good set up on the outside and there are three branches in Mallow, Limerick and Ennis. It seems official besides from this event. I just dont know how to pursue this further.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Did you get your own phone back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,448 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Despite my family being return customers I was offered no discount or compensation or any good will gesture as an apology. Has anyone else had any similar kind of experiences with this thing? What should i do?

Did the shop apologize to you? If so accept their apology and move on.
    This whole thing of expecting compensation etc for something so small is absolutely ridiculous and is just part of the whole scam culture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

Mistakes happen imo. Talk of compensation is ott. Have used them before and never had an issue, but no business is perfect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭kala85

Can you not check the imei number to ascertain if you have the correct phone.

If they gave you back the wrong phone then they need to find your proper phone or give you compensation or replace your phone.

Advertisement