Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone 7 Plus Crashing

Options
  • 16-12-2017 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭

my phone is a 7+ 256gb

lots of my apps seem to keep crashing and my phone freezes alot , its a pain in the bollix tbh , I didn't pay this much money for this crap to happen

I backed it up and erased all details etc and then restored it , same issue

I know since ios 11 some apps need to be 64bit and not usual 32bit ( hope these numbers are right btw )

but when I restored from my icloud , I was prompted looking for passwords for diff iTunes accounts , names that didn't make any sense like hshsvsh@gobby.com names I never even saw before , but my phone was asking me for passwords for it , when I clicked cancel , a diff iTunes account came up looking for password also , then my account popped up

anybody any idea what to do ????

its over a year old so out of warranty

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

try setting it up as a new phone..
    You will still get your icloud stuff back but will have to redownload the apps. Not as big a deal as you can do it from the purchase history on your phone.
    That should sort it out.
    If it doesn't then get onto Apple support and quote EU law blah blah about Irish warranty which is 2 years and you should be fine.
    But I expect your phone to be fine after setting up as new.
    I think anyway that 32bit apps are no longer allowed and hence won't install on your phone but I may be wrong on this.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Blazer wrote: »
    try setting it up as a new phone..
    You will still get your icloud stuff back but will have to redownload the apps. Not as big a deal as you can do it from the purchase history on your phone.
    That should sort it out.
    If it doesn't then get onto Apple support and quote EU law blah blah about Irish warranty which is 2 years and you should be fine.
    But I expect your phone to be fine after setting up as new.
    I think anyway that 32bit apps are no longer allowed and hence won't install on your phone but I may be wrong on this.

If you're going to start chucking legal terms around the place, make sure its the right one:
    https://www.apple.com/ie/legal/statutory-warranty/
    2 year was never implemented in Ireland due to better protection afforded by the Sale of Goods Act. OP will need to pursue the retailer for this, which is better if it is bought from Apple.

thats why I did the yada yada yaw....I can't be doing all the work for people..they need to check this stuff out for themselves too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

I purchased from apple uk but delivered by parcel motel

I purchased from apple uk but delivered by parcel motel

all good then. You can deal with Apple directly.
    do the new phone setup first though.

• Advertisement

all good then. You can deal with Apple directly.
    do the new phone setup first though.

How will i keep my contacts

your contacts are in icoud...sign in on a pc into icloud and you will see them there.
    Once you set up your phone as new it will ask you to sign into your icloud account. IT will then start pulling all your contacts and also your photos etc will be accessible if you have enabled that also.
    I've done it loads of times to my phone. Always a good thing to do to clear out any issues.
    Apple will also ask you to do this anyway just to make sure its not a software related issue.

contacted apple and apparently my phone don’t qualify for free tech support

bought this in nov 2016

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

3 months tech support from purchase date.

Did you reset your phone and set it up as a new phone?

• Advertisement

Did you reset your phone and set it up as a new phone?
    yeah

still having issues , although not as bad as before

not sure what to do next

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

thats why I did the yada yada yaw....I can't be doing all the work for people..they need to check this stuff out for themselves too :)

Can’t believe he didn’t get that!

still acting the b ollix this phone is , didn't expect this crap

random app crashes , have to close all them ( double tap home button and swipe up ) and make sure all closed then try open again

Advertisement