Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick city

• 16-12-2017 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hey guys!

I currently live in Waterford city, but I'm moving to Limerick in February as my partner got offered a job there.

We've been in Limerick just once, for 1 day. We have no friends or relatives there, and we know nothing about the area or where would be the best places to live.

So if anyone could give some advice would be lovely 😊

We're looking for a house with a back garden (we have 2 dogs), close enough to the city centre.. (up till 40 min walk preferably). If it's a quiet neighbourhood would be perfect.
    Price range up to 1,200

Thanks so much 💚

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Try the South Circular Road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Think Ballinacurra Gardens area, Raheen, Dooradoyle would probably be the best location for you. Castletroy would probably be a bit further out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

1200 wont get you something on the SCR.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Didn't realise how expensive it is to rent in Limerick but this is ok

https://www.daft.ie/21795625

Rhebogue would be worth considering. This house will be available when ye need it too

https://www.daft.ie/21798178

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12 grumpy_mick

Mc Love wrote: »
    Didn't realise how expensive it is to rent in Limerick but this is ok

https://www.daft.ie/21795625

limerick isnt expensive to rent , its 30% cheaper than galway at least , the problem is lack of supply , almost nothing available

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Aydee36 wrote:
    I currently live in Waterford city, but I'm moving to Limerick in February as my partner got offered a job there.

Which side of City will your partner be working, this to me would determine where to rent as city driving during peak hours is a nightmare. Could be avoided if you rent close to where your partner will be working.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Aydee36

august12 wrote: »
    Which side of City will your partner be working, this to me would determine where to rent as city driving during peak hours is a nightmare. Could be avoided if you rent close to where your partner will be working.

Thanks for your reply 😊

My partner will be alternating shifts at the Arthur's Quay and Parkway shopping centre.
    So I guess any location close to the city centre would be fine as they are not far from each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Aydee36 wrote:
    My partner will be alternating shifts at the Arthur's Quay and Parkway shopping centre. So I guess any location close to the city centre would be fine as they are not far from each other.

The Rhebogue suggestion above is a good one so, very near the Parkway and also near Arthur's Quay, right side of City for both locations.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

august12 wrote: »
    The Rhebogue suggestion above is a good one so, very near the Parkway and also near Arthur's Quay, right side of City for both locations.

Think Rhebogue would suit as well especially if you have two dogs. There is an excellent canal walk that runs behind Rhebogue that runs from the City (Clare Street) all the way out to UL. So it would be a great place to walk your dogs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Aydee36

damowill wrote: »
    Think Rhebogue would suit as well especially if you have two dogs. There is an excellent canal walk that runs behind Rhebogue that runs from the City (Clare Street) all the way out to UL. So it would be a great place to walk your dogs.

Thanks so much 😊

It helps a lot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Rhebogue would be absolutely perfect for those work locations and it's a super area for having dogs as there are several walking options along the river and canal. Both work locations would be in easy walking distance but driving would be straightforward from both locations too, though parking could be expensive in Arthur's Quay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 204 ✭✭topcat72

Corbally ( across the canal from Rhebogue) is a good option also, but again, as everywhere in the city, rental is very hard to find. Even though its nearly Christmas, get started on your search asap

Advertisement