Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alanis Morrissete for Cork and Dublin

Options
2»

Comments

Wow shows I should keep more an eye on this forum. Iveagh Gardens will be a craicking gig if weather is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭capefear

Chancing me arm here but would any one have 2 tickets for sale for Dublin as been keeping an eye on toutless, adverts and done deal not one for sale has appeared

capefear wrote: »
    Chancing me arm here but would any one have 2 tickets for sale for Dublin as been keeping an eye on toutless, adverts and done deal not one for sale has appeared
    Keep an eye on toutless closer to the date. Usually a few people have to cancel at the last minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Anyone know the stage times for the Iveagh Garden gig tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭theyoungchap

sporina wrote: »
    "no smoking sign of your cigarette break" qualifies as irony is my book

Well clearly your book doesn't have a very good understanding of irony......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Anyone any ideas of what type of food stalls will be at this?
    Im legging it up after work in Wexford....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

dragonfly! wrote: »
    Anyone any ideas of what type of food stalls will be at this?
    Im legging it up after work in Wexford....

usually burgers, hot dogs, chips - not a huge selection

optogirl wrote: »
    usually burgers, hot dogs, chips - not a huge selection

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Cork Times according to LATM Twitter

RuthAnne 7:50
    Alanis 8:50

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Will be in Dublin tomorrow night for work ,thinking of going to the gig.
    Do Ticketmaster usually release tickets the day of the gig or is there a box office at the venue ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Limerick91

It could have been a great gig in Cork except for the terrible sound

I don't know if I will go to a gig in the Marquee again. I hope you all have improved sound in Dublin.

She has an excellent band including Mickey Flanagan on guitar!!!!!

Echo that, we made the most of it grand evening, couldn't fault the organisation, decent set, crap sound such a shame guitars were low vocals a bit muffled in spots, crowd was well up for it made me distinguish some songs even in truth, wasn't for that vibe who knows might have booted midway. Hope it goes well for those in Dublin tonight.

Zardoz wrote: »
    Will be in Dublin tomorrow night for work ,thinking of going to the gig.
    Do Ticketmaster usually release tickets the day of the gig or is there a box office at the venue ?

TM have done this before for some gigs but not all
    You might find someone outside the venue selling tickets though
    Or keep an eye on Toutless.com

What time did she finish at last night please?
    I have to leg it for the last bus home :(

Think it was around 95 mins came on at 9

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Limerick91 wrote: »

I don't know if I will go to a gig in the Marquee again. I hope you all have improved sound in Dublin.

Glad I'm not the only one to notice this, sound was shockingly poor. Been to two concerts at the Marquee and both had bad sound, so last night is the last time I'll be going

• Registered Users Posts: 6,879 ✭✭✭sporina

having been a hugh fan in the 90's (her music was like a soundtrack to my teen's) it was a night of nostalgic bliss for me...

had 0 expectations as not ever hear of her live.. and didn't know much about her actual talent .. but I blown away by the buzz of the night..

ok the sound night not have been great for the 1st 3rd of the gig but from where I was, it was great for the rest of the night - esp when she started to make more eye contact with the crowd.

The chemistry between her and the band, and the whole band and the audience was such a great buzz..

You outta know, Uninvited and Thank you were fantastic..

And man she was actually sing - and play... a real talent..

Sometimes the past is left where is it but for us last night it was a warm fuzzy brilliant trip down memory lane..

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭treascon

Saw her in the Iveagh Gardens last night. She was excellent, venue was excellent & no issues with sound

treascon wrote: »
    Saw her in the Iveagh Gardens last night. She was excellent, venue was excellent & no issues with sound

Same as that. Sound was great, and her voice was top notch. She had good crowd interaction too.

Venue itself was grand, easy enough to get grub and a beer. Also easy to get close to the stage, and visibility from the back was good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Limerick91 wrote: »

Sound was poor allright so moved around a bit and found it improved to a mildly acceptable level after around 20 minutes.
    The sound seems to be deteriorating year on year in the Marquee ,the sound system is ancient and no longer fit for purpose, its also a health hazard, Aiken if you are reading sort it out .

I've a pain in my ears yesterday and today from the low boom boom of the bass ,I forgot to bring my ETY earplugs.
    Bass is too loud ,treble too high and non existent mid range frequency.

I really enjoyed the gig though despite the sound ,much more so than A-Ha ,which was a disaster due to the sound.
    I wouldn't really be a fan of Alanis but she won me over quickly enough ,her voice was superb.
    The crowd were absolutely great ,they deserve a better sound system than
    the current garbage .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭1997

Hey,never been the iveagh gardens for a gig but going tomorrow night. Should we go for food beforehand or can we avail in there? Are toilets just portables and also do ye have to que to get in for long?? Thks

1997 wrote: »
    Hey,never been the iveagh gardens for a gig but going tomorrow night. Should we go for food beforehand or can we avail in there? Are toilets just portables and also do ye have to que to get in for long?? Thks

There's food there. Hotdogs sushi burgers. Queue was grand. Portable loos

Sound was poor allright so moved around a bit and found it improved to a mildly acceptable level after around 20 minutes.
    The sound seems to be deteriorating year on year in the Marquee ,the sound system is ancient and no longer fit for purpose, its also a health hazard, Aiken if you are reading sort it out .

I've a pain in my ears yesterday and today from the low boom boom of the bass ,I forgot to bring my ETY earplugs.
    Bass is too loud ,treble too high and non existent mid range frequency.

I really enjoyed the gig though despite the sound ,much more so than A-Ha ,which was a disaster due to the sound.
    I wouldn't really be a fan of Alanis but she won me over quickly enough ,her voice was superb.
    The crowd were absolutely great ,they deserve a better sound system than
    the current garbage .

dunno where you were positioned or what your sensitivities are in relation to gigs but didn't have any of those issues.. bar the sounds was generally a bit off for the 1st 3rd of the gig - for the rest it was great and Alanis was super..

Sorry that you didn't enjoy it..

dunno where you were positioned or what your sensitivities are in relation to gigs but didn't have any of those issues.. bar the sounds was generally a bit off for the 1st 3rd of the gig - for the rest it was great and Alanis was super..

Huh ,I did enjoy it ,I said I really enjoyed it despite the sound which was poor .

Huh ,I did enjoy it ,I said I really enjoyed it despite the sound which was poor .

apologies... mis read your post

I made the most of it myself too as mentioned in previous post, I get what you are saying in terms of moving around it's something I've done at a few shows being an active gig goer...had to attend this gig with people in the party just not physically capable of fluttering through crowds to find most ideal listening spot, got in early and sound in spot we chose was fine for opening act but she only had minor instrumentation involved. We were in the middle, only got to suss up the left and towards the front on my own for a few songs no real improvement. Wasn't for a third of the gig in my case was for the whole show, good sound for apparently a small portion of the attendance is unacceptable, great vibes from the crowd kept it afloat for me, performance from Alanis and band they clearly gave their all, audio wise we didn't get it all I'm afraid. Okay gig should have been fantastic.

I made the most of it myself too as mentioned in previous post, I get what you are saying in terms of moving around it's something I've done at a few shows being an active gig goer...had to attend this gig with people in the party just not physically capable of fluttering through crowds to find most ideal listening spot, got in early and sound in spot we chose was fine for opening act but she only had minor instrumentation involved. We were in the middle, only got to suss up the left and towards the front on my own for a few songs no real improvement. Wasn't for a third of the gig in my case was for the whole show, good sound for apparently a small portion of the attendance is unacceptable, great vibes from the crowd kept it afloat for me, performance from Alanis and band they clearly gave their all, audio wise we didn't get it all I'm afraid. Okay gig should have been fantastic.

The sound is getting progressively worse there every year .

Last year I went to Eddie Vedder and the acoustic bits of that were great but as soon as it switched to electric guitar the sound became distorted .

Elton John's piano was completely overpowering ,the low frequency effects from it were like a sonic boom.

Its the bass drum that's the main culprit,it overpowers everything else.

Advertisement