Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney councillor racism

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

CeilingFly wrote: »
    I sincerely hope that the vast vast majority of Killarney people despise the racist ranting of this fool

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/news/we-should-see-after-our-own-first-councillor-protests-against-accommodation-centre-for-asylum-seekers-36413898.html

Considering that tens of thousands of Kerry born people live and work in hundreds of countries around the world and the single biggest industry in Kerry is tourists from other countries, this utter fool needs to wake up.

Shameful racist little bollix

What race was he discriminating against?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

CeilingFly wrote:

Not sure I would agree with you that he is racist.... Shameful little bollix, possibly

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭What.Now

I would like to see his previous history on trying to help the 'local' homeless.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 59 ✭✭Maggie Marie

55 males moving in together across from a national school. Who thought that was a good idea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

55 males moving in together across from a national school. Who thought that was a good idea?

Good old racism on your part.

What are you afraid of? - That they are different to you and are not small minded village busybodies

Maybe give yourself a very basic education on what they have sufferred and stop the utter shi1te catastrohpe syndrome scaremongering bullsh1t

Suppose you would have an issue with groups of foreign people in Killarney on holiday too? Imagine in the Glenegale the foreign tourists will be swimming oin the same swimming pool as children of other tourists - yes your argument is THAT stupid.

But people with such racist minds and lack of basic education about the world will never understand.

Happy Christmas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

The main thing that bothers me about this whole thing is , if he wants to protest and his reasons had any legitimacy, he should have been up outside the department of justice or the likes protesting, whatever else, these guys did not choose to be in Killarney, they did not ask to be put across the road from a school, they just wanted to escape from their own country, where they were unsafe. Why the hell is he protesting them? They are people who need help, and their first impression of Killarney is a bunch of gombeens marching outside their accommodation waving placards about homeless people and talking about how they can't be trusted around children. These guys are refugees who had to leave their homes.
    Some people seem to focus on what material goods they seem to posses, no one said they were not allowed to smoke or have iphones, you can be sure as hell if I had to flee the country I would bring my phone with me.

Ceiling fly the only one introducing racism is yourself. I’m just making the point that 55 males being housed with nothing to do day and night is not healthy. Have they been vetted?

Ceiling fly the only one introducing racism is yourself. I’m just making the point that 55 males being housed with nothing to do day and night is not healthy. Have they been vetted?

Why would they need to be vetted? I don't need to be vetted if I want to move across the road from a school. Where else is suitable for accommodating them in Killarney?

That school is also right next door to a Garda station, in case you have forgotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭hanamandiol

Thought that in a democracy you could have a peaceful protest if you wished

Thought that in a democracy you could have a peaceful protest if you wished

I don't think anyone here said they should not be allowed to protest? Just that it was stupid and borderline racist behaviour (Hey, look, being a free country works both ways!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭pawrick

Perhaps all B&B's and Hotel licences in the vicinity of schools should be revoked until there is some way of vetting people who might stay (some of them might be muslims you never know so best to be careful!).

The homeless issue is a red herring imo also, people using it to legitimise their arguments against helping people from a war zone is a disgrace.
    If we really wanted to we could help both and for a start we should look at our homeless lists and see who are taking the p*ss abusing the system or turning down homes on spurious reasons while people in true need of help are left languishing just because they aren't friends with a local Councillor or are too proud to make a fuss.

I'd have no problem supporting someone who has clear plan to make the system as it stands better but I don't see that here. Has he as an elected official offered anything constructive or is it just another case of nimbyism?
    We need public officials with clear goals to develop and improve our country not this, maybe he's good at getting pot holes fixed though so that should make up for it.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

So the approximately 50% of the human race that are male are some sort of threat to national school children..??

What an utterly stupid comment. :rolleyes:

Quackster wrote: »
    So the approximately 50% of the human race that are male are some sort of threat to national school children..??

What an utterly stupid comment. :rolleyes:

You are totally missing the point of the post.

What a stupid post. :rolleyes:

You are totally missing the point of the post.

What a stupid post. :rolleyes:

Umm, I don't think so!

I suggest you stop digging. :)

Umm, I don't think so!

I suggest you stop digging. :)

I suggest you stop trolling. I have two thanks to my last post.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I am not seeing any Racism here. At all.

All that i see is CeilingFly spouting the word and other insults out, which is worse than anything they are randomly accusing others of.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭stickman1019

Don't see any racism here apart from you pulling the racist card because someone has a different opinion.

I suggest you stop trolling. I have two thanks to my last post.

:)

Well done. And happy Christmas! :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Firbolg

No doubt the turd and all his supporters were at Christmas mass this morning.

Even through they wouldn't know the meaning of what it is to be a Christian if it bit them on the bottocks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Death to all foreigners...... Except the yanks they're grand they've money.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

Silly post silly op

Rasism is your word of the day, go understand its meaning.

Clown

This certainly cheers me up on this day of days: https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/dec/24/bute-scotland-syrian-refugees-asylum

I look forward to reading something similar from Killarney in a few years time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,949 ✭✭✭enricoh

Well done. And happy Christmas! :):)

It's happy holidays now, happy Christmas upsets some new arrivals! Get with the programme

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

CeilingFly wrote: »
    I sincerely hope that the vast vast majority of Killarney people despise the racist ranting of this fool

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/news/we-should-see-after-our-own-first-councillor-protests-against-accommodation-centre-for-asylum-seekers-36413898.html

Considering that tens of thousands of Kerry born people live and work in hundreds of countries around the world and the single biggest industry in Kerry is tourists from other countries, this utter fool needs to wake up.

I ended up here after seeing Quackster was made a moderator & Welcome again :)

I don't think, of all people, I don't think Cllr.D.Grady can be called a racist of any kind.
    That building is in close proximity to three schools both primary and secondary, and everyone who was in-line to move in should have been vetted or at very least cleared-of-any wrongdoing imo.

Times are changing. Ireland has always had a Céad Míle Fáilte and that probably won't change too much, but this location should have involved consultation with local council-members. Were local Garda members consulted on this issue I'd like to know?!

We do have a homeless issue in Killarney and that building could have accommodated local homeless first imo, Cllr.D.Grady is correct on that. He has always been an advocate for assisting the homeless in Killarney-area and you cannot fault him for wanting to put a roof over those heads he has personally helped, who he would know, who would therefore in all probability get clearance faster.

That location should have involved vetting or clearance of come kind imo.

Thanks for posting that article,
    kerry4sam

for clarity: The three schools I refer to are ; Mercy; CommunityCollege; Sem.
    I know the Presentation girls use the Bishops Path to reach some buses, hence why I didn't refer to them in my posting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,533 ✭✭✭dobman88

kerry4sam wrote: »
    everyone who was in-line to move in should have been vetted or at very least cleared-of-any wrongdoing imo.

Have they been accused of any wrongdoing?

Can you clarify what you mean? These people have fled war torn parts of the world. They probably didn't have a say as to where they were housed so can't be blamed. I'm just struggling to understand your above comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭Radio5

Well if you extend Kerry4sam's logic, anyone who buys/rents/lives in a house in the vicinity of any school (regardless of where they come from) should be Garda Vetted should they not ?

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭qwerty ui op

kerry4sam wrote: »

We do have a homeless issue in Killarney and that building could have accommodated local homeless first imo, Cllr.D.Grady is correct on that. He has always been an advocate for assisting the homeless in Killarney-area and you cannot fault him for wanting to put a roof over those heads he has personally helped, who he would know, who would therefore in all probability get clearance faster.

That location should have involved vetting or clearance of come kind imo.

Thanks for posting that article,
    kerry4sam

for clarity: The three schools I refer to are ; Mercy; CommunityCollege; Sem.
    I know the Presentation girls use the Bishops Path to reach some buses, hence why I didn't refer to them in my posting.
    You claim to be concerned about the schools nearby yet you fail to mention the Mon which is a primary school closer to Linden house than both the Sem and Community College. It's this lack of basic knowledge about the thing you claim to be so concerned about, that has people questioning the sincerity of your concerns.

I've known some of those protesting for years, never once have I heard them them show any concern for Killarney's homeless.
    But why now? Could it be that they couldn't give a toss about Killarney's homeless but using that issue to conceal their real agenda

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

dobman88 wrote: »
    Have they been accused of any wrongdoing?

Can you clarify what you mean? These people have fled war torn parts of the world. They probably didn't have a say as to where they were housed so can't be blamed. I'm just struggling to understand your above comment.

That's just it. We don't know anything. You don't know where they gave fled from more than I do. We only know what we get told by those who wish to share information.
    Radio5 wrote: »
    Well if you extend Kerry4sam's logic, anyone who buys/rents/lives in a house in the vicinity of any school (regardless of where they come from) should be Garda Vetted should they not ?

Not something I would have any issues with tbh. Not my call. Doubt it would though when a situation like this could happen.
    You claim to be concerned about the schools nearby yet you fail to mention the Mon which is a primary school closer to Linden house than both the Sem and Community College. It's this lack of basic knowledge about the thing you claim to be so concerned about, that has people questioning the sincerity of your concerns.

I've known some of those protesting for years, never once have I heard them them show any concern for Killarney's homeless.
    But why now? Could it be that they couldn't give a toss about Killarney's homeless but using that issue to conceal their real agenda

Missed the Mon. An extra school and is between CommCollege&Mercy.

I have personally met with Cllr.D.Grady over the homeless issue facing Killarney -->
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057351051 <--

Anything or Anyone else?
    Thanks,
    kerry4sam

Advertisement