Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney councillor racism

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,533 ✭✭✭dobman88

Tbh I'm still no clearer on your thinking. Is it just cos these people are foreign that they should be checked?
    Are you hiding your own racist views behind pretending to care about schools in the area?

I knew this topic sounded familiar, and that's because the exact same fear mongering happened in 2005.

https://www.independent.ie/regionals/kerryman/news/parents-fury-over-male-residents-27365573.html

https://www.independent.ie/regionals/kerryman/news/new-wave-of-asylum-seekers-for-killarney-27362877.html
    Cllr Donal O’Grady said accommodating asylum seekers had become a profitable business. “Certain individuals are buying property and putting asylum seekers in it. It’s a business just like any other,” he said.

“What I believe is going to happen is that if we keep doing what we are doing we will have a situation like there was in Germany when the people rebelled,” he said. “I certainly believe, listening to the mood, there is a danger that the people will rebel.”

“We should leave things as they are rather than adding fuel to the fire,” he added.

@Kerry4Sam or any of the other fearmongering xenophobes, could you point me to the articles about the violent assaults on local schoolchildren from 2005 onward by the refugees?

Cheers,

P.S. Have you submitted yourself for voluntary vetting in case you find yourself near a school or children Kerry4Sam? We don't know anything about you, you could be anything.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

So it's not racism, which is good.
    People just don't want some grubby looking foreigners in their backyard. Suspicious looking, so they are. Could be up to all sorts of carry on, those. Some of them are brown! Oh the humanity. But as long as you don't say "I am against XYZ race", you're not a racist. Splendid!
    Surprise, there is only one race, Homo Sapiens.
    So racism is a flexible concept.
    You're not a racist, you're a xenophobe.
    Tourists with money welcome, as long as they fcuk off back to their own country after their 7 days is up.
    Ireland. Give us your money, now fcuk off!
    Maybe it's also a bit of good old fashioned greed. "Why should I help someone. What have poor people ever done for me?"
    So, not racism, just not willing to cross the road to piss on some poor bastard that is on fire.

Advertisement