Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hikvision

Options
  • 17-12-2017 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭

I've my system connected and up and running. I used the wizard to accept all defaults when I started up the DVR. I can view the live stream and playback on the monitor. I then installed ivms on my phone and I can connect to the system. When using my own Wi-Fi I can see the live view and playback ok. But when I try using another Wi-Fi or my mobile data I cannot connect to the cameras.

Any help on how I can resolve this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

RosieJoe wrote: »
    I've my system connected and up and running. I used the wizard to accept all defaults when I started up the DVR. I can view the live stream and playback on the monitor. I then installed ivms on my phone and I can connect to the system. When using my own Wi-Fi I can see the live view and playback ok. But when I try using another Wi-Fi or my mobile data I cannot connect to the cameras.

Any help on how I can resolve this?

You need to open the ports on your router to connect to the cameras/dvr. Do you know what ports they are using?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

I'll have to get a look at them tomorrow. 80 and 554 are 2 that stick in my mind but I'd need to verify that

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Change the ports away from standard ( especially the 80 one ) or it'll get hammered by the pc's etc out there that are infected with virus/ rootkit etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭keepalive213

I had a similar problem with a Triax DVR, I don't recall opening ports, if it's P2P you shouldn't have to??
    I'd try another app I'm sure there are other ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Use the cloud.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

When you are out and about you need to have ivms set up to use your external ip address which your ip company give you. The next time you are at home use your pc and go to ipchicken or whatsmyip and it will tell you your external ip.

When you have that set up your phone (ivms) with the same settings as you already have just change the ip address.

You will end up with two devices listed, one with your home network and one with your mobile network. When out and about just use the listed device with your external ip address. It would also be a benefit to enquire to your network provider as to the cost for a static ip. The reason for this is that the external ip could change at any point and you wont know until you try view your cameras when using your mobile data. Again if that does happen you could just get your new external ip and input that into ivms and you will be good to go again.

Regarding your ports, they are already open as you can view your system over your home WIFI. The default ports are 80, 8000, 554. It is good practice to change port 80 but i would not worry if it is too much bother for you.

As for using the cloud.......dont as it is not as secure as using your own set up.

alta stare wrote: »

Regarding your ports, they are already open as you can view your system over your home WIFI. The default ports are 80, 8000, 554. It is good practice to change port 80 but i would not worry if it is too much bother for you.

Thats fine when on the internal network but connecting into the camera from outside his own network, he needs to open the ports when he uses an app other than ivms

Also you can use no-ip for DDNS and register this on the camera. It allows three free names

Thats fine when on the internal network but connecting into the camera from outside his own network, he needs to open the ports when he uses an app other than ivms

Also you can use no-ip for DDNS and register this on the camera. It allows three free names

Why would they need to use any other app? IVMS is a good solid easy to use app. As im sure you Know once the ports are open on the router than anything can connect to it as long as they know where to look.

Using your own configuration over HIKVISIONS is less susceptible to attack given HV servers are so well known. I have never (and will never) install a system and used the HV ddns service.

Why would they need to use any other app? IVMS is a good solid easy to use app. As im sure you Know once the ports are open on the router than anything can connect to it as long as they know where to look.

Using your own configuration over HIKVISIONS is less susceptible to attack given HV servers are so well known. I have never (and will never) install a system and used the HV ddns service.

Different camera models. I use a specific app and connect into the cameras and like you mentioned use specific ports and apply strong passwords on the cameras.

Different camera models. I use a specific app and connect into the cameras and like you mentioned use specific ports and apply strong passwords on the cameras.

Once the router is configured for specific ports to be open then there is no more to be done with the router regarding port forwarding whether its the home WIFI or external address seeking access.

Just a curious question if i may. Are you saying you have different passwords on your cameras than your NVR?

• Advertisement

When you are out and about you need to have ivms set up to use your external ip address which your ip company give you. The next time you are at home use your pc and go to ipchicken or whatsmyip and it will tell you your external ip.

When you have that set up your phone (ivms) with the same settings as you already have just change the ip address.

You will end up with two devices listed, one with your home network and one with your mobile network. When out and about just use the listed device with your external ip address. It would also be a benefit to enquire to your network provider as to the cost for a static ip. The reason for this is that the external ip could change at any point and you wont know until you try view your cameras when using your mobile data. Again if that does happen you could just get your new external ip and input that into ivms and you will be good to go again.

As for using the cloud.......dont as it is not as secure as using your own set up.

I tried this, got my external IP , which I can ping successfully, but when I duplcate the settings in IVMS I still get an connection filure error. Any other things that Ineed to look at?

I tried this, got my external IP , which I can ping successfully, but when I duplcate the settings in IVMS I still get an connection filure error. Any other things that Ineed to look at?

So you have changed the internal ip to the external ip and kept all other settings?

Once the router is configured for specific ports to be open then there is no more to be done with the router regarding port forwarding whether its the home WIFI or external address seeking access.

Just a curious question if i may. Are you saying you have different passwords on your cameras than your NVR?

Say for example, I have three IP Hik cameras. I only use the cameras for viewing and not recording so no NVR.

I set the cameras up with a static ip addresses and set the specific port for the cameras(move off the default ports). I change the admin password. I use the same username and password for the three cameras for the specific network/client. I then open the ports on the router and these ports are forwarded to the specific IP addresses of the cameras in question.
    I set up a DDNS from no-ip.org and set this up on one of the camera so the DDNS gets updated with the latest external ip address

I download my app and connect to the cameras using the no-ip DDNS. Enter my port with the username and password and bingo. The user just needs to select the camera they wish to view.

This is how I do it. There are probably other ways especially with the NVR.

Say for example, I have three IP Hik cameras. I only use the cameras for viewing and not recording so no NVR.

I set the cameras up with a static ip addresses and set the specific port for the cameras(move off the default ports). I change the admin password. I use the same username and password for the three cameras for the specific network/client. I then open the ports on the router and these ports are forwarded to the specific IP addresses of the cameras in question.
    I set up a DDNS from no-ip.org and set this up on one of the camera so the DDNS gets updated with the latest external ip address

I download my app and connect to the cameras using the no-ip DDNS. Enter my port with the username and password and bingo. The user just needs to select the camera they wish to view.

This is how I do it. There are probably other ways especially with the NVR.

Ah right fair play. It seems a bit long winded to me for what it is but fair dues for getting it working. Its always nice when set ups like that work.

So you have changed the internal ip to the external ip and kept all other settings?

Yes

Yes

Do you have two dvrs listed on your devices section on the app excluding the hikvision one which is not usable? You should have the device which works when you are at home (internal ip) and then the new one which you want to use when on mobile data? (external ip)

If you are trying to connect to the external ip device and you are at home make sure your WIFI is off on the phone otherwise the WIFI will try take over the connection.

I have it so there are 2 data listed for my system. All data is the same bar the ip address. With Wi-Fi switched off I get a connection failure error when trying to use the external ip dvr

Do you have two dvrs listed on your devices section on the app excluding the hikvision one which is not usable? You should have the device which works when you are at home (internal ip) and then the new one which you want to use when on mobile data? (external ip)

If you are trying to connect to the external ip device and you are at home make sure your WIFI is off on the phone otherwise the WIFI will try take over the connection.

Do you need to port forward on the router for the NVR?

I have it so there are 2 data listed for my system. All data is the same bar the ip address. With Wi-Fi switched off I get a connection failure error when trying to use the external ip dvr

Whoever installed the system would of opened the ports if you already have it on your phone so that should not need to be done again. Using the exact same settings with the external ip instead of the internal should let you view it remotely.

Are the cameras still viewable over your WIFI connection?

Do you need to port forward on the router for the NVR?

If the system is on the phone already then port forwarding has been done already.

• Advertisement

If the system is on the phone already then port forwarding has been done already.

But when he views it locally no port forwarding is required. It is only required when he is accessing it from an external network, so I assume he needs to port forward the port to the ip address of the NVR?

Also some ISP providers block port 80 AFAIK. Are you using port 80?

But when he views it locally no port forwarding is required. It is only required when he is accessing it from an external network, so I assume he needs to port forward the port to the ip address of the NVR?

Also some ISP providers block port 80 AFAIK. Are you using port 80?

Maybe i am making an incorrect assumption that it was installed by someone who does it for a living therefore portforwarding would of been done from the get go.

Yeah Eir block port 80 dont they.

Maybe i am making an incorrect assumption that it was installed by someone who does it for a living therefore portforwarding would of been done from the get go.

Yeah Eir block port 80 dont they.

Ya I think he installed it himself.

I would change the port to another number like 1000 on the NVR and log into your router and port forward that port to the NVR. If you don't know how to do it google the router make and port forward.

You can use this url to see if the port is open ...put in the port you set in the NVR https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

Ya I think he installed it himself.

I would change the port to another number like 1000 on the NVR and log into your router and port forward that port to the NVR. If you don't know how to do it google the router make and port forward.

You can use this url to see if the port is open ...put in the port you set in the NVR https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

I figured it was installed professionally as when i mentioned it originally about portforwarding and i wasnt corrected so i thought my presumption was well founded :o

Also to note just in case if it is Vodafone or Eir to be mindful on their routers portmapping is what to look for. They seem to like to confuse things :D +1 on the port change, its mad the amount of people who leave the default settings on their system.

Thanks for the help so far. Some stuff for me left to try.

I installed everything to date so I've done nothing on the router or the ports. I can still see the local ip when using Wi-Fi. It's just the external ip that I cannot see over my phone data.

Just checked my port 8000 and it is closed. I'll try opening this tomorrow. Thanks again

Just checked my port 8000 and it is closed. I'll try opening this tomorrow. Thanks again

My apologises for assuming you had it installed by a professional. Yeah if you open the ports and do the set up using the external ip you will get it working.

Portfowarding.com is a great resource to use if you are unsure how to do it. They have loads of guides for pretty much all makes of routers.

My apologises for assuming you had it installed by a professional. Yeah if you open the ports and do the set up using the external ip you will get it working.

Portfowarding.com is a great resource to use if you are unsure how to do it. They have loads of guides for pretty much all makes of routers.

Also, I had it on mobile broadband that I opened the ports on the router but the ISP had to change my connection properties so that it allowed me get an individual IP address rather than a generic ip address on their network. So just be aware that sometimes the issue could be with the ISP after a few hours troubleshooting :eek:

The 8000 is the server admin port so you need to open the http/rtsp port. See this doc on it http://www.hikvision.ca/ueditor/net/upload/2015-06-10/3b56a0c6-f61c-4381-866e-dc49e5c30c88.pdf

Thanks for all the help. I managed to sort the port forwarding and i can now access the cameras from both my wifi and phone data.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 eadt14

Hi guys,
    I'm having the same issue with my setup, can anyone talk me through opening a port. It's a Vodafone router.

Thanks

Advertisement