Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complaint about Beasty and AH

Options
  • 17-12-2017 1:06am
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2

Hello.

I was sitebanned as the user Simpla, for complaining about sexism in AH.

I was sitebanned with access to the prison forum.

I posted in the prison forum as Simpla querying the sexism in After Hours.

The moderator 'Beasty' wrote me this reply in the prison forum, 'if you are not planning to appeal I will remove your access from the prison forum'

Without giving me a chance to appeal he then straight away removed my access from the prison forum, which is not in accordance with this site's rules.

I wish to complain about Beasty, and have my access as Simpla restored to the prison forum.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You had an opportunity to appeal your siteban in the Prison forum but chose to complain about moderation instead. I will consider reinstating your access to Prison on the understanding you will use that opportunity to explain why you spent this evening trolling AH. If you post anywhere on this site under this (or any other) new account other than in this thread agreeing to the above condition this account will also be sitebanned.

So the choice is yours. Do you wish to use the Prison forum to appeal your siteban?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2 Alohaamber

Beasty wrote: »
    You had an opportunity to appeal your siteban in the Prison forum but chose to complain about moderation instead. I will consider reinstating your access to Prison on the understanding you will use that opportunity to explain why you spent this evening trolling AH. If you post anywhere on this site under this (or any other) new account other than in this thread agreeing to the above condition this account will also be sitebanned.

So the choice is yours. Do you wish to use the Prison forum to appeal your siteban?

Yes I wish to appeal my siteban.

Question: Don't I have to complain about the moderation in order to appeal my siteban?

I was contesting the sexism in the thread 'most beautiful women in the world'

I was banned from the thread because of this.

I needed to bring up the moderation in order to appeal.

Sexism exists in AH. Someone complains about Sexism. That person is banned. Do you think that meets any discrimination regulations in Ireland?

Do you think immediately banning me from prison was fair, or follows any rules and guidelines on here?

Yes I would like to appeal my siteban.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OK, I've re-instated Prison access on your Simpla account

Please do not post with this Alohaamber account again

In terms of your "complaints" about AH, you should have reported any posts that you thought were a problem. If you were not satisfied with the response from the mods you should then have contacted a relevant CMod. If still not satisfied you should then start a thread in Help Desk. You should never "engineer" a card or ban just to get attention to any issues you have as you will risk escalating mod/Admin actions as happened here

Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement