Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with design

Options
  • 17-12-2017 4:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭

Hi All,

Im hoping one of you fine people may be able to help me. I installed a quickstart joomla ecommerce template with Hikashop for a friend.

Im finding my way around it ok. but i cant get rid of this yellow box on the banner. I was able to edit and remove the text via a module. but i hide the module it also removed the image in the back and shifts everything up.

Would anyone be able to tell me how to remove just the yellow box? web address is https://conors-clothes.000webhostapp.com/

really appreciate it

VN

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Try commenting out

.r-ivee-banner .rib-content {
    background: #fee935;
    padding: 10px 50px 20px;
    text-align: center;
    margin: 150px 0 150px 25%;
    display: inline-block;
    opacity: 0.95;
    }

in https://conors-clothes.000webhostapp.com/templates/r_ivee/custom/css-compiled/hydrogen_17.css

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭VirtualNemesis

Hi tricky D

thanks for that. sorry, but what file would i do that in?  Sorry...

VN

• Registered Users Posts: 6,510 ✭✭✭daymobrew

tricky D wrote: »
    Try commenting out ... snip ...;
    I don't think that that will get rid of it because there is a link in the block and it has hover styles. A 'display: none' might be the easiest fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭shane7

You will need to edit the that line of code in your templates css. It will be in your joomla root folder. It will be in the folder named templates. 
    You will need to find the line with .r-ivee-banner .rib-content and change the following 
    background: #fee935;
    }

to 
    background: none;
    }
    You could also try changing the opacity to 0 instead of 0.95
    If for some reason you can't find that line of code or that doesn't work try entering the following into the css file
    [font=Open Sans, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]@media all and (min-width: 1px) and (max-width: 80000px)  {[/font]
    [font=Open Sans, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif].r-ivee-banner .rib-content { display:none; }[/font]

[font=Open Sans, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]}[/font]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

daymobrew wrote: »
    I don't think that that will get rid of it because there is a link in the block and it has hover styles. A 'display: none' might be the easiest fix.
    You are quite right as ever. Commenting out would still have the block display.

• Advertisement

shane7 wrote: »
    You will need to edit the that line of code in your templates css. It will be in your joomla root folder. It will be in the folder named templates.
    to 
    background: none;
    }
    You could also try changing the opacity to 0 instead of 0.95
    If for some reason you can't find that line of code or that doesn't work try entering the following into the css file

[font=Open Sans, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]}[/font]
    These both had to be implemented to work.
    Many thanks for all your help and suggestions

VN

No problem glad you got it sorted

Sorry need some help again...

I cant get rid of a section of the home page. and i cant find a module related to it. its the part below the featured products with the title "Conor's Closet". would anyone have an idea hoe to deactivate it in the back end?

Cheers

VN

I cant get rid of a section of the home page. and i cant find a module related to it. its the part below the featured products with the title "Conor's Closet". would anyone have an idea hoe to deactivate it in the back end?

Cheers

VN

I think that might be your page display. Try going to your Main Menu and click home then move to page display in the options and change show page heading to NO.

Cheers

VN

I think that might be your page display. Try going to your Main Menu and click home then move to page display in the options and change show page heading to NO.

Cheers

VN

Sorry Shane only getting back to this....Worked a treat Shane.  Many thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement