Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First bill

Options
  • 17-12-2017 7:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

I've just noticed I have my first bill on MyEir, luckily I checked as I had received no notification it had issued and when I checked only a couple of days ago there was no bill there and it was saying first bill will issue in January. I had, mistakingly, assumed that a bill wasn't issuing until January because of my 'buy-back' allowance of €100 that was part of my sign up deal as I was still in contract with Sky. I thought my first bill should have issued some time ago as I was told it would be for for 6 weeks - and now I find out this morning, 1 week before Xmas, that I have a whopping double bill that is for 2 months and that you will be taking the money on 28th December. Merry Xmas ! An email to advise first bill had finally issued would have been a courtesy, not too much to expect.

I had serious reservations about returning to Eir as last time I had so many 'issues' that Eir released me from my contract early, without penalty, after I was left with no option but to go to ComReg. And here I am, yet again, wasting my time, yet again, because of your lack of Care for your Customers and you not doing things as you had said you would.

I am guessing, due to the delay in issuing this bill, my 'cooling off period' has expired ?!?

Yet again here I am left disappointed with your lack of the ability to do what you say you will. Not a happy Customer

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

I've just noticed I have my first bill on MyEir, luckily I checked as I had received no notification it had issued and when I checked only a couple of days ago there was no bill there and it was saying first bill will issue in January. I had, mistakingly, assumed that a bill wasn't issuing until January because of my 'buy-back' allowance of €100 that was part of my sign up deal as I was still in contract with Sky.  I thought my first bill should have issued some time ago as I was told it would be for for 6 weeks - and now I find out this morning, 1 week before Xmas, that I have a whopping double bill that is for 2 months and that you will be taking the money on 28th December. Merry Xmas ! An email to advise first bill had finally issued would have been a courtesy, not too much to expect.

I had serious reservations about returning to Eir as last time I had so many 'issues' that Eir released me from my contract early, without penalty, after I was left with no option but to go to ComReg.  And here I am, yet again, wasting my time, yet again, because of your lack of Care for your Customers and you not doing things as you had said you would.  

I am guessing, due to the delay in issuing this bill, my 'cooling off period' has expired ?!?

Yet again here I am left disappointed with your lack of the ability to do what you say you will. Not a happy Customer
    Hi Diagonalley,

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm afraid when you sign up you will automatically be put on a billing date by our system. Unfortunately, we don't have any control over what billing period you're being put on. Your direct debit payments are always due 14 days after your bill is issued. Your cooling off period expires 14 days after your services are installed.

- Adam

Advertisement