Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hidden spoilers on iPad

Options
  • 17-12-2017 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭

Hi - apologies in advance if I am posting in the wrong area, but this has been bugging me for a while now.

I can uncover hidden spoilers with my mouse on my pc

I can uncover hidden spoilers with a tap on my iPhone

But...

I can't do it on my iPad

Now, it's not beyond the possibility that I'm doing something wrong, but I would appreciate it if you could explore this issue for me.

Thanks

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

On a touch device you should be able to reveal spoilers with a long press on the hidden text. Let me know if that works for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

A work around that's a little annoying but works is if you click to quote the post the spoiler tags are removed in the quote box.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ads20101

On a touch device you should be able to reveal spoilers with a long press on the hidden text. Let me know if that works for you.

Yes, that works on my iphone but not on my ipad

On the ipad it only comes up with the 3 boxes [Copy|Look Up|Share]

Conspectus wrote: »
    A work around that's a little annoying but works is if you click to quote the post the spoiler tags are removed in the quote box.

Yes, thats the work around that I've been using, but I was hoping that I could get the touch site working the same as I have it on the iphone.

We've added it to the list for the team to look at bt I can't give a time frame of when that will be at the moment I'm afraid.

• Advertisement

We've added it to the list for the team to look at bt I can't give a time frame of when that will be at the moment I'm afraid.

Thanks Niamh - will you or any of your staff be able to post here when it has been looked at?

Yes whenever there is an update, it will be posted here or in a general announcement :)

Advertisement