If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless earphones partially deaf

Options
  • 17-12-2017 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Appreciate if you might be able to help. We have a Panasonic tx50ex700b television that we recently bought. The audio output is not fixed so audio can only be output through speaker or headphone (not both). My father is partially deaf so I'm hoping to see what we can do. Could you advise if you provider transmitters to output both from speaker and headphone? Appreciate any help at all. We are also looking for headphones.

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

weedhead wrote: »
    Hi,

Appreciate if you might be able to help. We have a Panasonic tx50ex700b television that we recently bought. The audio output is not fixed so audio can only be output through speaker or headphone (not both). My father is partially deaf so I'm hoping to see what we can do. Could you advise if you provider transmitters to output both from speaker and headphone? Appreciate any help at all. We are also looking for headphones.

Thanks
    Hi Weedhead,

many thanks for your email and apologies for the delay getting back to you - this is an issue that we are seeing almost daily now :( 

The issue is actually getting an audio output from most modern TV's that does not cut the speakers - there are very few 'transmitters' as you say that will output from both headphone and speaker.

However one option ( albeit a little expensive) is to use the optical output to drive wireless headphones - something like the Sennheiser RS195 will give you a transmitter base with optical input and really super sound quality:
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-201322-rs195.aspx

Hopefully this is a solution that will allow the whole family to enjoy TV again!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

Hi John,

Thanks again for the reply. I believe the television also needs to have an audio out connection with an adaptor on the the jack for the headphones also required (this is just from a little research). Have you had people confirm these headphones work fine with output to both speaker and headphone simultaneously? If so I would be interested in maybe getting those headphones. I really just want to be sure that these will work.

Thanks Again for your help!

Eoin

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

weedhead wrote: »
    Hi John,

Thanks again for the reply. I believe the television also needs to have an audio out connection with an adaptor on the the jack for the headphones also required (this is just from a little research). Have you had people confirm these headphones work fine with output to both speaker and headphone simultaneously? If so I would be interested in maybe getting those headphones. I really just want to be sure that these will work.

Thanks Again for your help!

Eoin
    Hi Eoin,

if you use a pair of headphones like the RS195 as recommended above you wont need any adaptors or aftermarket 'workarounds' the headphone transmitter plugs into the optical output on the TV and leaves the TV's own speakers unaffected- if you check out Sennheiser's
    own microsite for the RS195 you will see they are specifically aimed at exactly what you are looking for:

https://en-uk.sennheiser.com/rs-195

They even come complete with the optical cable included!

Thanks again and keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.