Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Private viability scan Cork

Options
  • 17-12-2017 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm flying home to Cork for 2 weeks tomorrow. I should be about 8 weeks, but I've had a little bit of spotting and I am convinced that I am miscarrying. (I had a mmc earlier this year)
    My Early Pregnancy Unit here in the UK have booked me in for an ultrasound the day i get back, but how can I get through the holidays not knowing??
    Especially you know the way how every glass of wine refused will be scrutinised! And it's going to be the hardest Christmas ever due to other tragedies anyway.

Can you recommend somewhere I can get an early ultrasound?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Babyscan in Ballincollig is great. I went there for a 10 week scan. Hope everything is OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭figrolls

There’s a place in Ballincollig called Babyscan, they were very nice and do scans from 8 weeks, roughly €100

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

Md Clinic in Blackpool, it is gynaecologists that do the scans there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭clartharlear

jadie wrote: »
    Md Clinic in Blackpool, it is gynaecologists that do the scans there too.
    Thanks, that'd be close by too! I sent them a message. From their website, it just looks like they do scans on weekends only?? Do you know, by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

I think so they have different doctors covering weekends. It suited us getting it at the weekend so we could both go. It's €120

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭cornflake1

Could you try phoning cumh if you think you might be miscarrying? They have an early pregnancy unit. I was spotting at seven weeks and they brought me in for a scan. You are only living in the UK so surely you are entitled to medical care here.

Advertisement