Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cast Iron round 5l casserole / dutch oven

• 17-12-2017 3:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭

Hello

I am looking for a 5+ litre cast iron round dish with a lid to use outdoors on a green egg. Cannot have any enamel inside or out and do not want to be spending Le Creuset type prices on it.

I saw a few in Cork city that would work but were around EUR150 which is too much for what I want it for.

Something simple like the attached image would be perfect.

My late grandmother would have had several that she used on a turf fireplace that would have been common place back in the day. Are these still sold and if so where would I get one?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

One of the girls I work with found one of these during the summer in a second hand shop. Cost her a fiver. I've told her if she finds another one to buy it and I'll refund her. No joy yet though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭Belfunk

BailMeOut wrote: »
    Hello

I am looking for a 5+ litre cast iron round dish with a lid to use outdoors on a green egg. Cannot have any enamel inside or out and do not want to be spending Le Creuset type prices on it.

I saw a few in Cork city that would work but were around EUR150 which is too much for what I want it for.

My late grandmother would have had several that she used on a turf fireplace that would have been common place back in the day. Are these still sold and if so where would I get one?

Joe Dutch Oven €93

https://www.aroomoutside.ie/index.php/cast-iron-dutch-oven-571.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Not sure the one I've being using for years in the egg has enamel on it. I just use it to collect juices or steam.

What you using it in the egg for?

https://www.homestoreandmore.ie/pots+pans/cast-iron-round-casserole-dish-red-52l/invt/054749

That's the one I use

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

this one is perfect. Hopefully shipping is not too much!

Thanks everyone.

I like to use my egg as an oven so want to cook thing like beef bourguignon or other one pot dishes on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

this one is perfect. Hopefully shipping is not too much!

Thanks everyone.

I like to use my egg as an oven so want to cook thing like beef bourguignon or other one pot dishes on it.

If you use PM or ParcelWizard it's £3.89 for UK delivery + €3.95 for ParcelMotel. Much dearer if you have it shipped directly.
    If wouldn't recommend AddressPal you'd be way over the weight limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭bobboberson

Not sure if you order but we got one of these https://www.aroomoutside.ie/index.php/cooking-accessories/cast-iron-dutch-oven.html

Use it in our egg alot of chilli and bread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Hello

I found a three piece pot set at a car booth sale, the same as the one in the picture, in large, medium and small, have got great wear out of them, picked them up for five euro, love them, keep food hot long after switching off gas or oven, and taste fab, you would be surprised what some people don't want anymore, have got some great stuff at markets for v little

Advertisement