Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to UK - do any companies honour Irish no-claims

Options
  • 17-12-2017 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

Im moving to Scotland to work, and my Irish insurance policy with Liberty Insurance is up for renewal. Are there any Insurance companies in the UK that will accept my no-claims discount (1 year)?

Whats the best insurance company for young drivers in the UK?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Im moving to Scotland to work, and my Irish insurance policy with Liberty Insurance is up for renewal. Are there any Insurance companies in the UK that will accept my no-claims discount (1 year)?

Best bet is probably a company with a presence in both territories.

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭bob mcbob

I moved across a couple of years ago and my NCD (with Liberty) was accepted by Direct Line - this is from their website.

"We will only accept proof of NCD from the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and Republic of Ireland."

I suggest getting quotes from various insurers then confirm that they will accept your NCD

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I moved quite a few years ago. I didn't have an issue with any insurers. I think I went with Tesco Bank the first year - some of the quotes weren't great on account of me being foreign, I sure it still adds a bit of a loading

• Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

When I did it a year ago they wouldn't accept NCB from Ireland (at the time I had four years' name driver NCB) but being insured to drive a car in Ireland (as a name driver) was accepted, and it saved me about £300.

Advertisement