Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

garden problem

Options
  • 17-12-2017 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

hey all bit of advice needed for my back garden, we have a dog and our back garden is now a swamp no grass left just muck , the dog is also getting destroyed when she is out because it's no mucky, I am getting it dug up next year and getting a patio down but for now I just want to maybe try cover it but don't know what to use , boards gravel??? any ideas to what I can do to stop the mud ?? what I could cover it with ??? thanks for any advice.

Comments

pbody1985 wrote: »
    hey all bit of advice needed for my back garden, we have a dog and our back garden is now a swamp no grass left just muck , the dog is also getting destroyed when she is out because it's no mucky, I am getting it dug up next year and getting a patio down but for now I just want to maybe try cover it but don't know what to use , boards gravel??? any ideas to what I can do to stop the mud ?? what I could cover it with ??? thanks for any advice.

I wouldn't put boards down anyway as they will be treacherous when wet. Gravel will just get swallowed up by the mud too. If you could a few concrete paving slabs 2ft x 2ft and lay them down in a rough path where you have to walk might keep you going until spring

• Registered Users Posts: 31,072 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

You could dump a load of 804 on it. It'll probably come in handy for the patio anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

pbody1985 wrote: »
    I

I'd be inclined to grin and bare it until next year when you intend doing a job on it.
    You're only spending money now better spent later.
    For example, it's far from ideal putting gravel on top of muck. You'd also need to be confident that you don't need to lower the level of the lawn. No use doing the job twice!. We use a few mats here in the hall and dry off the dogs as best we can.
    That's my take on it anyway!

Advertisement