Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Truck Driver Continuously Breaking My Fence

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Moggie Mac Mathutha

Do you live down at the end of a cul-de-sac?
    If not ask him about the possibility to drive home the opposite way.
    Perhaps some day you have plans to erect a gorgeously expensive stone wall around your property.

i live on a secondary road with a laneway leading into his farm yard. I think he would make a bigger mess of things if he reversed from the other side. My thoughts exactly re stone wall .!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

can you not complain him to the gardai?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

can you not complain him to the gardai?

For damaging the property or taking the truck down the lane? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

"For damaging the property or taking the truck down the lane? "

For damage to property and possibly driving. If he knows from experience he is likely to cause damage and still drives in there it may be reckless or careless driving. It would sugeest the space is too small or he cannot drive well. Either way I would have a complaint on file to the local super in writing about him. The company would not like that so i would make sure the head honcho knew about it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

He's either damaging your property deliberately for reasons best known to him or hes the most careless and accident prone truck driver out there.
    Wouldn't most truck drivers especially those driving someone elses truck be a bit more careful?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

The truck driver doesn't need a council permit to park the truck on his property.

Might not need a permit, but might need planning permission

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭EndaHonesty

TBH it sounds this fella is taking the p1ss out of a "blow-in".
    In modern parlance he is a troll.

I once lived in a small country town that had a share of these fellas.

IMO there's no logical way of dealing with this fella.
    He's a fella who is not rich but has enough money, he drives trucks that someone else owns, so when push comes to shove he won't give a **** and that means he'll knock whatever structure you put at that corner.

He'll act thick to anyone who questions him and if his boss gets involved he will notch it up to 10 and bite off his own nose i.e. quit the job rather than admit defeat.

IMO the only way to deal with him is earn his respect - and the only way to do that is to become like him.

Park your car directly behind the truck and when he bangs on your door asking you to move it, laugh like a mad yoke and say "jaysus paddy I must have been pissed last night, sorry"

Do stuff like that repeatedly. And no matter how thick he gets keep laughing.

Basically become eccentric. Do not get serious. Laugh everything off.

Basically you're fighting fire with fire.

If you do it well he will eventually take you seriously, start to respect you and stop trying to fcuk with you.

If you do it really well you will make a friend for life.

MOD

IMHO this is irresponsible advice. Pls ignore
    EH. pls do not post on LD for at least a month

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭yogi37

TBH it sounds this fella is taking the p1ss out of a "blow-in".
    In modern parlance he is a troll.

I once lived in a small country town that had a share of these fellas.

IMO there's no logical way of dealing with this fella.
    He's a fella who is not rich but has enough money, he drives trucks that someone else owns, so when push comes to shove he won't give a **** and that means he'll knock whatever structure you put at that corner.

He'll act thick to anyone who questions him and if his boss gets involved he will notch it up to 10 and bite off his own nose i.e. quit the job rather than admit defeat.

IMO the only way to deal with him is earn his respect - and the only way to do that is to become like him.

Park your car directly behind the truck and when he bangs on your door asking you to move it, laugh like a mad yoke and say "jaysus paddy I must have been pissed last night, sorry"

Do stuff like that repeatedly. And no matter how thick he gets keep laughing.

Basically become eccentric. Do not get serious. Laugh everything off.

Basically you're fighting fire with fire.

If you do it well he will eventually take you seriously, start to respect you and stop trying to fcuk with you.
    If you do it really well you will make a friend for life.

Sounds just like a classic chick flick. Everybody loves a happy ending

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭EndaHonesty

yogi37 wrote: »
    Sounds just like a classic chick flick. Everybody loves a happy ending

Good point Yogi.

OP there's another solution, you could also become the bully's lover...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

how about placing a six ton bolder on the corner of your property?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Have you contacted the company in question OP? He sounds like he's a crap driver that cannot reverse in a straight line, it also sounds very dangerous reversing down a lane onto a road....

I often need to travel narrow lanes during the course of my work like this guy but respecting other people's property is always priority!

Advertisement