Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Derry Girls (Channel 4)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

NIMAN wrote: »
    Maybe where you're from it does, but certainly not in Derry.;)

I've had this little chat with my English friend before, and don't even get us started on the macaroon/macaron debate! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,220 ✭✭✭volchitsa

Ah you see as I watched I got annoyed because they were pronouncing scone incorrectly. Everybody knows that it rhymes with bone not gone, and while we're on the subject, jam first then cream :P

Where are you from? In Derry it's scone/gone, and maybe some snobs in Derry used cream to distinguish themselves from the hoi polloi, but I only ever saw butter being used by anyone who ever offered me scones. :)

Reem Alsalem UNSR Violence Against Women and Girls@UNSRVAW "Very concerned about these statements by the IOC at Paris2024 There are multiple international treaties and national constitutions that specifically refer to#women and their fundamental rights to equality and non-discrimination, so the world has a pretty good idea of what women -and men for that matter- are. Also, how can one assess whether fairness and justice has been reached if we do not know who we are being fair and just to?"

volchitsa wrote: »
    Where are you from? In Derry it's scone/gone, and maybe some snobs in Derry used cream to distinguish themselves from the hoi polloi, but I only ever saw butter being used by anyone who ever offered me scones. :)

I'm in Limerick, and definitely not a scone snob :D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

Do Protestants eat Scones?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

What's with the tash on TT, it needs to be gone or explained

• Advertisement

I thought that was great. Sr Michael is absolutely hilarious

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I liked how Eamonn was a mild mannered mammy's boy for most of the episode and then he turned into his mother at the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Wanted to see Colm after eating a scone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Wanted to see Colm after eating a scone.

Maybe that was Colm after eating a scone...

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

There's no doubt the acting/comedic talent and the writing on the program is outstanding. Its an example of what can happen when you get the right people and let them at it, like with Fr Ted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Never spotted the full uncensored version before. It always had that girl standing in front of it.
    image.jpg

"Distance between the eyes" is my new favourite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭Acosta

Overall enjoying it a lot, but that was the weakest episode of both seasons. It barely got a chuckle from me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Acosta wrote: »
    Overall enjoying it a lot, but that was the weakest episode of both seasons. It barely got a chuckle from me.
    Is this the wake one?
    I disagree I think it was by a distance the best episode of this series

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

gmisk wrote: »
    Is this the wake one?
    I disagree I think it was by a distance the best episode of this series

My ranking would be:

E1: Best of S2

E2: Worst of S2

E3: 3rd best of S2

E4: 2nd best of S2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,474 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Just caught up with the wedding/wake episode now and to be fair it was very good.

Jerry in the kitchen was gas :D

The mother's suit for the wedding reminds me so much of the style from that era. We all have a grand-uncle like Colm :D

Return to form definitely, but I hope the final two episodes of the run are closer to this one in terms of quality than the other three, otherwise the season can only be regarded as a flop in my opinion.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Clearly I think this series has been a case of saving the best for last, because both this week and last week's episodes have been brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

Yeah, tonight's episode was brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭brian_t

Ciarán Hinds daughter Aoife played Mae Chung.

Clearly I think this series has been a case of saving the best for last, because both this week and last week's episodes have been brilliant.
    Tonight's episode was a lot of fun.
    Last week's was also good, thank feck because the others in this series were poor enough.
    The aunt and mum quietly steal every scene they are in, Orlas choice of date was also really sweet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭E mac

You'd have imagined the last scene of the last ep would have been the IRA ceasefire. It really was such a big deal watching that BBC clip reminded me of that time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Saw it coming, but James stepping in to save Erin's night was such a sweet moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Had actually put off watching episode 4 because I had found the first three to be a bit of a grind, but after watching the last two episodes last night and tonight they have more than compensated for the poor start to the season.

Really good again tonight, maybe not as funny as last week but a good storyline with the ceasefire was worked in well. If they can pull out one more episode of that standard next week the show will be well worth a third season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I've found all 4 episodes much of a muchness - funny but not many LOLs

There have been 5 now in this series.

I thought the first 3 were poor enough but 4 and 5 a lot more enjoyable.

I thought the grandad and Orla tucking into the popcorn just as everything was kicking off with the buckets was very good funny ��

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Jenny reminds me of Shirley Henderson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

I thought the grandad and Orla tucking into the popcorn just as everything was kicking off with the buckets was very good funny

Just like in AH when some rereg eejit starts a controversial thread lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,909 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Can you name a TV comedy nowadays that has 'many LOLs' ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Some trivia-the band playing in episode 5 are a wedding band called
    The Bentley Boys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Duggie2012

this week's episode was pretty good i thought. possibly the best of this series.

Advertisement