Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Derry Girls (Channel 4)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭sam t smith

Anyone who thinks Mrs Browners boys is better than anything else is wrong. Full stop.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

The biggest laigh I got in this episode was from Sarah when they finally twig who yer woman is, " Ach, what about ye Aileen?" the way she said it I just burst out laughing. I enjoyed it. When they left Claire behind I was wondering if that was just a way to have her do less filming hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,253 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was thinking that myself. Seems she just got a separate story to fit her schedule and does that mean she had less availablity for the remaining episodes as well?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Derry Girls apparently clashed with her Bridgerton filming schedule so we'll see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,266 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

There was an announcement at some point that she'd been written out of a lot of this season due to Bridgerton filming alright. Thought it was well done tbf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

She's the worst character in it so fingers crossed she misses plenty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,743 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

How do ye think this is going to end with The Good Friday Agrement mentioning the Omagh Bomb or something else?

I was thinking it depends on if they want to leave it open for specials or anything. Otherwise they could show them as they are in modern day, in their 40s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

They would have to put poor Joe in a Zimmerframe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

And a superior show in my opinion.i rather enjoyed it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,126 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Awful episode this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,126 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Like the first one it was set up well , the classic away from the usual set, but no gags at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,096 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I agree. Season 3 episodes 1 and 2 were brilliant. Episode 3 was just ok.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Has it been confirmed whether the crisps were real Tayto, or ‘nordie’ Tayto?

Wasn't Northern Tayto. It didn't have the text and pictures on the back about being made in a castle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,820 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Is there 2 little kids in the family ?

One scene had a child with black hair and then on the train the child had blonde hair

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Never been a huge fan of this show and this week's episode was awful. I used to think Clare was the worst for overacting but its been Erin this season. The adults are the only decent characters in the show now.

The display kitkat scene is directly lifted from a Rhod Gilbert show too. Made a change from copying Father Ted jokes at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭Acosta

The first episode was decent, the second not so much, but the third was awful. It looks like the writer has very little left for the characters to do. A bit like Father Jack in the third season of Father Ted, except it's all the characters and not just one.

• Advertisement

They could add Alison Spittle to the series finale to spice things up.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

I wondered whether they were going to finish with it all set in modern day with them watching James' video recordings and the whole show was about them looking back.

^ Or a ‘musical episode’ where they sing everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,291 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sinéad Keenan from Being Human and Little Boy Blue as well as Fair City and London Irish

They seem shoe in Sr. Michael as well as Claire in weird awkward out of scenes

Definitely a poor episode

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭forumdedum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,378 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

They really do seem to be over acting this season. Claire's shouting and now Erin's over acting to everything.. Just makes it seem a bit end of pier... "For the tape..." Just shut up... Although I did enjoy the brief Kevin macaleer bit with Liam neeson.

It's a pity..I don't see why they went in that direction... Or maybe I just didn't notice it as much in the first 2 seasons

Joe and the father (Tommy t) are the most interesting in it now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,071 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

The psychic scene was the best this week.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

I loved the argument between the 'psychic' and the off-screen mother, but didn't really care for much else this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Common thread here being the scenes with the adults.

The scenes with the girls and James are forgetable.

Something I find grating is the constant playing of 90s song intros. I didn't notice it as much in the 1st 2 series. I know there could be complex copyright issues but it annoys me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,858 ✭✭✭hynesie08

It's incredible that this season of Derry girls would be improved if you removed the Derry girls......

Advertisement