Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can someone please help me

Options
  • 17-12-2017 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

I did a clean up on my windows xp computer. I went into the area to defragment and clicked on analyse, now it's stuck on this. I turned it off and on again. It said to press any key within so many seconds to escape wwhich I did but my keyboard don't seem to be working.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Burger7A

I did a clean up on my windows xp computer. I went into the area to defragment and clicked on analyse, now it's stuck on this. I turned it off and on again. It said to press any key within so many seconds to escape wwhich I did but my keyboard don't seem to be working.
    Thats a check disk scan. It means there computer has found errors on the hard drive and its trying to fix them. Its best to leave the scan run its course or you could cause problems with the operating system. Check disks can be a sign that your hard drive is about to fail so make sure you have a backup of your data.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

Its just running checkdisk because there was an unanticipated shutdown.
    Let checkdisk run and then log into windows.
    Defragmenting can take a long time - you can start it and let it run overnight or while you have dinner.

Advertisement