Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Souvenir Shop in Limerick

• 17-12-2017 6:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭

Hi,

We have guests visiting from abroad and looking to take back some souvenirs from Ireland. Is there any good shop in Limerick? Just to buy Cups or Irish flags.
    Visited a shop in Arthur Quay but they have limited options there.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

The gift shop in King John’s Castle night have a few bits. Also worth popping into the Tourist Office at the corner of O’Connell Street and Thomas Street but I think their offering is limited in comparison to what they used to have at their Arthur’s Quay premises.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

The shop out in bunratty have lots of Irish things

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭Comhrá

The Hunt Museum has a souvenir shop with some nice things but they're not cheap.

http://www.huntmuseum.com/product-category/gift/

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭gruffler91

Mr Price out in Annacotty have quite a big range of Irish touristy items. Near to the stationary aisle. All around the euro mark

Adare heritage centre

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Are your guests just staying in Limerick? If you're heading in the Kerry direction, there's probably a better chance there. Loads in Killarney especially.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Yes, in Limerick only.

Will go to Mr Price tomorrow and check out what they have
    Are your guests just staying in Limerick? If you're heading in the Kerry direction, there's probably a better chance there. Loads in Killarney especially.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Glenomra

why do so many Limerick contributors alaways thik that 'faraway hills are greenerer'. there is absolutely no need to go to Bunratty - the castle shop is dire -or Killarney; there's plenty of very unusual items in Limerick. I find the bookshops O'Mahoneys, Celtic bookshop have plenty of interesting souvenir items

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Upstairs in O'mahonys there is a great selection of limerick and Irish books that any visiting tourists would love. I would especially recommend Hugh McMahon's illustrated books on Limerick folklore, history and humour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

Glenomra wrote: »
    why do so many Limerick contributors alaways thik that 'faraway hills are greenerer'. there is absolutely no need to go to Bunratty - the castle shop is dire -or Killarney; there's plenty of very unusual items in Limerick. I find the bookshops O'Mahoneys, Celtic bookshop have plenty of interesting souvenir items

Downstairs in Meadows and Byrnes in Bunratty have some good stuff. Way better range of stuff than the likes of O'Mahonys etc

• Advertisement

the poster is looking for 'cups and flags' etc. He\She doesn't need to go to Bunratty for those. Limerick is a city after all.

Thank you everyone.
    I am going to explore these places this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭riverrocked

That euro store on Thomas Street usually has them too.

Thank you everyone.
    I am going to explore these places this week.

Maybe let us know what you think of various places. We can always learn more about the local shops

You mean the one on William Street? Next to Dealz
    That euro store on Thomas Street usually has them too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭riverrocked

You mean the one on William Street? Next to Dealz

No, there is a small family run one of Thomas Street, next to BT across from the Tourist office, it often has Irish/Limerick magnets, glasses, tea towels, calendars, usual tourist tat.

Advertisement