Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AnPost - Envelope slit open (searched for cash?)

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

How you can justify that being okay is beyond me.

Look up the word justify and read my comments again, because you certainly haven't used it correctly in context.

Anyway, the general consensus was that the slit in the OP's post was not man made.

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    If it's "victimhood" to complain about theft, then I'm all for it.
    If it's the the victim that's to blame, does this extend to other forms of theft, trespass, assault etc?

Not surprising that professionals use the DX system rather than An Post registered post.

If you act against advice and you get caught out then you are partially at fault. It's called taking responsibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

If you act against advice and you get caught out then you are partially at fault. It's called taking responsibility.

Jeez, I know that, but silly me for putting temptation in the way of a saintly staff member of An Post.
    That's the line that gets trotted out every time some girl gets attacked, "wearing a short skirt, should have taken responsibility".

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    "wearing a short skirt, should have taken responsibility".

No, it'd be akin to lighting a firecracker in your hand and cry foul when it goes off and you lose fingers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

fleet wrote: »
    Just received a bunch of Christmas cards.

One envelope is quite obviously slit along the side seam with a razor, as one may do to extract cash.

Dublin Mail Centre
    20:24:58

No cash was mailed with it, so no loss, but if this is as I suspect then it won't be the only example.

Anyone else receive similar this year?
    Post the Mail Centre, Date, Time and Serial Number (on the franking) and we'll see if there is pattern.

so you lost nothing, nothing was taken and your telling us there was nothing in the envelope anyway.
    are you for real?have you nothing better to do, seriously.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

This post has been deleted.

It's terrible. Those defending them should be named and shamed. Shur, you might do it there while you're at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

monnies wrote: »
    i beg to differ
    from what i know people only get into An Post by word of mouth, and there is no way somebody would betray that trust,
    if the post was tampered with it was before it arrived in Ireland

Not true - i temped for An Post a good few years back through an agency!

Advertisement