Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boi money transfer

Options
  • 17-12-2017 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Other than 365 money transfers, is it possible to go into your local boi branch and transfer money from your account into someone elses boi account,
    The reason im asking is that I done a job and they want to pay me by check, as its the same bank it will clear in 3 days, but as he doesn't use online banking I was hoping it can be done as mentioned above as I would like payment sooner, thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Hi jpsr,

Thanks for your post.

I can understand, you could ask him to transfer cash into your account using the 3rd party lodgement machine in your local branch.

You would have to supply the payer with your sort code and account number.

Cash would clear straight away on your account.

Please let me know if there is anything else we can help you with. 

Thanks,

Kareana

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭jpsr

Hi jpsr,

Thanks for your post.

I can understand, you could ask him to transfer cash into your account using the 3rd party lodgement machine in your local branch.

Thanks,

Kareana
    When you say third party lodgment machine, do you mean him putting cash in,
    He wont be putting cash in, just transfering money from his account to mine,can that be done, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jane

jpsr wrote: »
    Hi jpsr,

Thanks for your post.

Thanks,

Kareana
    He wont be putting cash in, just transfering money from his account to mine,can that be done, thanks.
    Hi jpsr,

These type of transfers are usually made by using 365 phone or online banking. An alternative, would be to receive a payment by direct lodgement or by cheque.

If you have access to a card terminal you could accept a payment by Visa Debit Card.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else, and have a lovely Christmas.

Thanks again, Jane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jane

jpsr wrote: »
    Hi jpsr,

Thanks for your post.

Thanks,

Kareana
    Hi jpsr,

These type of transfers are usually made by using 365 phone or online banking. An alternative, would be to receive a payment by direct lodgement or by cheque.

If you have access to a card terminal you could accept a payment by Visa Debit Card.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else, and have a lovely Christmas.

Thanks again, Jane

Advertisement