Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dropping back to A3

Options
  • 17-12-2017 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭

After 2 years making up the numbers at A2 I'm considering dropping back to A3 with half points.My main decision is due to spending in excess of 15 hrs a week driving on the commute and just not having the time to train.Did anyone do the same and regret it ? I find I can eventually get fit during the season but it just seems like training in the hope of not getting dropped as opposed to enjoying the bike rides. I would be happy to hear some opinions!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

keoclassic wrote: »
    After 2 years making up the numbers at A2 I'm considering dropping back to A3 with half points.My main decision is due to spending in excess of 15 hrs a week driving on the commute and just not having the time to train.Did anyone do the same and regret it ? I find I can eventually get fit during the season but it just seems like training in the hope of not getting dropped as opposed to enjoying the bike rides. I would be happy to hear some opinions!
    No chance of you commuting on the bike ?

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭keoclassic

130 km each way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

:) LOL at least you'd have the endurance with that commute

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭albert kidd

theres enough misery on the bike and racing besides not enjoying it..if the a3 is what you want to do dude go for it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,598 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

• Advertisement

Had thought of doing a portion of it, but it's unrealistic and I'm not prepared to get up any earlier than 6.30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Can you drop back when you have raced the previous season? I've no idea how it work but everyone I know who dropped back a grade it was due to illness or taking a season or two off.

tuxy wrote: »
    Can you drop back when you have raced the previous season? I've no idea how it work but everyone I know who dropped back a grade it was due to illness or taking a season or two off.

If you have no points, it's a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭harringtonp

I presume you need special dispensation ? In other words when you first go to the CI portal to renew you don't have an A3 option. Only A2

Ya the option of taking an A3 is there on the portal. Thinking about it over the weekend i think ill go back and give it a lash for the year, want to start enjoying racing again without getting opened by full timers every second Sunday! I can always go back up if i get going again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Irish Raven

keoclassic wrote:
    Ya the option of taking an A3 is there on the portal. Thinking about it over the weekend i think ill go back and give it a lash for the year, want to start enjoying racing again without getting opened by full timers every second Sunday! I can always go back up if i get going again.

i presume you cant just go back up...you would need to accumulate the points to upgrade!!

i presume you cant just go back up...you would need to accumulate the points to upgrade!!

Of course, one needs the points to go back up in that given year but as far as I can recall I could also upgrade myself next year come licence renewal......I think. Either way of I can't get back to a level where I'm getting points in A3 then A2 is not where I want to be.

Surprised it automatically appeared in the portal without any intervention from you. Does this mean that all A2's with zero points from the previous year have the option of going down even if they held a full licence from that year ?

A club mate of mine really struggled when upgraded to A2 this year. He is being allowed to go back to A3 but had to plea bargain.

For me in the portal I see a choice of A2, A3 and LC.

Have no idea what LC is ???

Surprised it automatically appeared in the portal without any intervention from you. Does this mean that all A2's with zero points from the previous year have the option of going down even if they held a full licence from that year ?

A club mate of mine really struggled when upgraded to A2 this year. He is being allowed to go back to A3 but had to plea bargain.

Technically your team mate should have to stay at A2 for this season, it's in the rules that if you get upgraded a cat , that you must remain in that cat for the rest of the current season and the next afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Foxmoves

For me in the portal I see a choice of A2, A3 and LC.

Have no idea what LC is ???

Limited competition. Club races etc

Advertisement