Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband signal issue

Options
  • 17-12-2017 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭

Im currently with Eir and when I search for a contract deal my signal always drops or becomes non existent, this happen each and every time I search Eir or any switcher or bonkers deal, seems very convenient but it is very frustrating as we only ever get a max of 6Mbs 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

macadam wrote: »
    Im currently with Eir and when I search for a contract deal my signal always drops or becomes non existent, this happen each and every time I search Eir or any switcher or bonkers deal, seems very convenient but it is very frustrating as we only ever get a max of 6Mbs 
    Hi macadam, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us today. 

I'm sorry to hear this. The best advice I can offer is to contact our support team on 1890 260 260, they'll troubleshoot with you to identify the issue.  

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Yes and Im sure that will sort it, this happens everytime I enquire about a new package or contract or when they are on a sales call...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

macadam wrote: »
    Yes and Im sure that will sort it, this happens everytime I enquire about a new package or contract or when they are on a sales call...
    I wouldn't be aware of this issue from here I'm afraid. 

When the issue happens you would need to contact the support team and they'll be able to assist you.

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭bazbrady

Hi Macadam.I got fed up with eir broadband and did a bit of research.I ended up going with Sky,Now lots friends etc said it was the same line and no difference in speeds reliability.But what they dont tell you is the Eir router is dreadful and causes most the problems.so i bridged it out and used an apple router still need the modem section of the eir unit.It was ok a bit better but kept dropping signals and when there was mutiple people in the house it would just drop out.The sky router is the same i believe thats used over in the uk and from what the IT guys in work state just better put together which results in me currently getting faster speeds and range than when i was with eit so far so good.Might be worth looking into if you have sky and are rural and cant get upc/virgin

bazbrady wrote: »
    Hi Macadam.I got fed up with eir broadband and did a bit of research.I ended up going with Sky,Now lots friends etc said it was the same line and no difference in speeds reliability.But what they dont tell you is the Eir router is dreadful and causes most the problems.so i bridged it out and used an apple router still need the modem section of the eir unit.It was ok a bit better but kept dropping signals and when there was mutiple people in the house it would just drop out.The sky router is the same i believe thats used over in the uk and from what the IT guys in work state just better put together which results in me currently getting faster speeds and range than when i was with eit so far so good.Might be worth looking into if you have sky and are rural and cant get upc/virgin
    Cheers, I dont have Sky, the thing I dont understand is Im closer to the exchange  than others I only get a max of 5Mb but this can drop off to nothing (and it does most of the time) while people further down the line can get up to 12Mb. I have tried VF this was a disaster, if we have no broadband we have no phone no tv etc. Its a disaster in this day and age..

• Advertisement

I ran a speed test and what Im getting today is deplorable 0.1Mb  Eir representatives take note !!!

Advertisement