Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

clubs/activities for teenagers

• 17-12-2017 8:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hi could anyone suggest clubs or activities a teenage boy might join in the limerick/north Tipperary area??? just looking for suggestions and ideas of what is available??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I guess it would depend what they're into?
    Lots of sports clubs that they could involved with if they had an interest? I'm doing a lifesaving course at the moment and there's loads of teenage boys on that.
    I did an acting course with Limerick school of acting a few years back and really enjoyed that. Nigel runs lots of groups for teens and kids also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

Over 16 they can join a gym. Shannon rowing club also popular. Red cross.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 marthabarry

I suppose really he's into computer games but I'm trying to motivate him out to join something - he's not into sport at all such as gaelic, rugby or soccer.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭LMK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭Lobsterlady

I suppose really he's into computer games but I'm trying to motivate him out to join something - he's not into sport at all such as gaelic, rugby or soccer.

My 15 year is the same, big into computers...the one thing he does, and has stuck at since he was 6 is scouting.
    Have you a local scout group? He'd almost be old enough for 'Venturer Scouts...they do lots of different activities, hikes, camping...and in 2018 is the Jambori in Stradbally.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 marthabarry

The Gathering sounds interesting, I might suggest that. Scouts, I'd say at this stage he would think were not 'cool' enough. He is fairly quiet hence I want him to do something social instead of head stuck in a computer all the time. I probably should have done something long ago! Thanks for the suggestions so far - am open to any others.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Would he have any interest in taking up martial arts/self-defence? There are some very good clubs around Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭kokiyou

Yea Judo/BJJ is great wish I got hooked on that as a teenager instead of vidya 6 hours a day :D Also weightlifting with his mates is a good outlet

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭overthebridge

If he's into computers and gaming then he may be interested in Coder Dojo
    They meet most Saturdays in LIT. It's free too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

If he’s into computers he’d probably be interested in fab lab. Honestly I was only in there once so maybe someone else can chime in. They have loads of 3D printers that you can use to build projects and they do talks/workshops there that look pretty interesting.

http://fablab.saul.ie/events/

• Advertisement
Advertisement