Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAS question

Options
  • 17-12-2017 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I just have a question and I cannot seem to find the answer anywhere. I'm on the RAS scheme, and I've been on it 3 years. I am a single parent but recently found myself in a relationship. If I decided to move in with this guy, do I have to start a new claim? Can I add him onto the lease I have for this house?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭jomalone14

Penguin28 wrote: »
    I just have a question and I cannot seem to find the answer anywhere. I'm on the RAS scheme, and I've been on it 3 years. I am a single parent but recently found myself in a relationship. If I decided to move in with this guy, do I have to start a new claim? Can I add him onto the lease I have for this house?

The RAS scheme is specifically for those on your contract i.e. you and your child/children. You and your dependants have been deemed as having a housing need, no-one else.

If you decide to move in with this guy, you would be giving up your current RAS accommodation.

No, you can't just simply add him to the lease. The lease is between you, the council and the landlord.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Penguin28

jomalone14 wrote: »
    The RAS scheme is specifically for those on your contract i.e. you and your child/children. You and your dependants have been deemed as having a housing need, no-one else.

If you decide to move in with this guy, you would be giving up your current RAS accommodation.

No, you can't just simply add him to the lease. The lease is between you, the council and the landlord.

Thanks, I wasn't too sure because I do know of people who have gotten into relationships and stayed in their accommodation when their boyfriends moved in.

So I'm guessing that the RAS would end, and I'd have to re apply as a couple/ cohabiting for another RAS lease? ( he had qualified for it too) I've been a tenant in this house for 9 years so I know the landlord will keep me on regardless of how he's paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

jomalone14 wrote: »

Not necessarily true actually ,

Op talk to your local authority and ask how to add your new partner to the lease

Advertisement