Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Searching old death notices

• 17-12-2017 10:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭

My misses lost her dad last week and all the family where around and like all family's we all starting talking about old times.

One family member brought up his brother ( her uncle) who went missing and was found dead back in 1986. Are there any online archives or death notices I can check online to try find out more ?

I tried to search but his name is popular... I know his age / where he was from etc.

Any help would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

NeVeR wrote: »
    My misses lost her dad last week and all the family where around and like all family's we all starting talking about old times.

One family member brought up his brother ( her uncle) who went missing and was found dead back in 1986. Are there any online archives or death notices I can check online to try find out more ?

I tried to search but his name is popular... I know his age / where he was from etc.

Any help would be great.

The local library would usually have archives of the local paper.
    If he was a missing person at the time there may have been an article about the disappearance, a short obituary, a death notice.
    Trawling the archives in person in the library is usually free.
    The local paper often is archived on line, but you usually have to pay.

Advertisement