Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public Service Pension - previous employer error

• 17-12-2017 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

So I joined the public service in 2006 and have had no breaks in service.
    This means I'm on the model pension scheme.

I recently moved jobs and discovered that my last employer had placed me on the Single Pension Scheme. I have tried contacting them to find out what happened and what I need to do but they have been fobbing me off so far.
    It would have been for an 18 month duration.

My new employer has placed me on the correct pension scheme but obviously I'm concerned that this could come back to bite me.

Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭evillive

If your previous employer, ignoring you I'd report your case to the pensions ombudsman, I think you will need to prove that you have attempted to resolve already so have record of written request to previous employer. No response then to the ombudsmen, their website will guide you but they are entitled to get a response and issue order to resolve if appropriate.

Advertisement