Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driver tried to run me off road on top of Djouce Hill, near Roundwood

Options
  • 17-12-2017 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭

This morning, i was on a spin on my own coming up Djouce hill from the Enniskerry side. I just had crested and i noticed there was snow on the side of the road so i took the descent more carefully than i usually do. I was sure there was no black ice just i erred on the side of caution with it.

Coming towards me, from Roundwood direction, a light colored car started pulling over to my side of the road, i didnt realise the driver was crazy and messing until really late. He tried to run me off the road and we passed within inches. If i had been going down the descent normally i would for sure not have been able to evade him.

Why am i posting? I did not get his reg, as he sped off quickly and could not turn around right away as the road was too steep to and i was completely shocked. Just careful out there as there is obviously a crazy person roaming around.

Obviously they guy had no beef with me as he came from other direction and we never met before. Just a f%^&ing idiot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Thestones

Chumpski wrote: »
    This morning, i was on a spin on my own coming up Djouce hill from the Enniskerry side. I just had crested and i noticed there was snow on the side of the road so i took the descent more carefully than i usually do. I was sure there was no black ice just i erred on the side of caution with it.

Coming towards me, from Roundwood direction, a light colored car started pulling over to my side of the road, i didnt realise the driver was crazy and messing until really late. He tried to run me off the road and we passed within inches. If i had been going down the descent normally i would for sure not have been able to evade him.

Why am i posting? I did not get his reg, as he sped off quickly and could not turn around right away as the road was too steep to and i was completely shocked. Just careful out there as there is obviously a crazy person roaming around.

Obviously they guy had no beef with me as he came from other direction and we never met before. Just a f%^&ing idiot.

http://www.backroads.ie/forums/showthread.php?22819-Sally-Gap-Bikers-getting-run-off-the-road

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Chumpski

Thestones wrote: »

That sounds very like what I experienced today... thanks.

I’ll report it to Blessington Garda station tomorrow by phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I haven't heard of anything around Roundwood. Might be worth mentioning to Roundwood station too, if that same idiot has spread his wings?

Reported to Roundwood Garda. Not sure what they can do when i had no car reg but at least its reported in case it happens to others.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭BobbyBingo

Chumpski wrote: »
    Reported to Roundwood Garda. Not sure what they can do when i had no car reg but at least its reported in case it happens to others.

Sorry to hear that nutter is still on the road Chumpski.

He brake tested me and a biker friend earlier this year. We reported it to Blessington Gardai and subsequently went back to Blessington to provide statements. All told, the process took about 3 hours each - so we really went out of our way to a) do our civic duty and b) to try and get this nutter off the road.

It was an 11D Silver Seat Leon and as we couldn't be 100% categoric on the numbers following the D, Gardai decided not to prosecute.

B

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

I'd really encourage people to get one of these while on a solo spin on isolated roads

https://cycliq.com/bike-cameras/fly6ce/

It's for this very reason that I got one, at least you'll have the f**kers reg on camera.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

Isnt this fool due in court in Naas either this month or last?
    What came of that?
    <snip>

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

terrydel wrote: »
    He deserves a beating.

He needs to be locked up. If he got a beating, the next time he was out in the car he'd probably kill someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,017 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

colm18 wrote: »
    He needs to be locked up. If he got a beating, the next time he was out in the car he'd probably kill someone.
    There's beatings....and there's beatings. Just saying;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I've heard about this fella's dangerous antics for years.

It would be great if somebody could capture decent camera footage of him in action.

I think the guards find it difficult to prosecute him as there never seems to be enough evidence to go forward and get a conviction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Arcade_Tryer

Isnt this fool due in court in Naas either this month or last?
    What came of that?
    <snip>
    On attempted murder?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Folks, please stop with suggestions of 'beatings' or posting any information that may identify the person concerned. It is against site rules and it could also hamper an eventual prosecution.

If you have any relevant information then please contact the Guards. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

colm18 wrote: »

What's more we need to stop treating driving as a human right.

People who kill or repeatedly endanger others with their cars should have to suffer the consequence of getting the bus*/ moving to an urban area for the rest of their life.

If you shot someome dead they wouldn't give you a four year shooting ban.

Cars are tools, they should be treated like that.

*I've come across a couple of instances of people in their early to mid 20s going on the dole rather than getting a bus to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

I am not sure if I encountered the same guy a few weeks ago, just before the top of lugala coming from Sally Gap. I encountered a potential killer with absolutely no regard for other road users. A total maniac!

I was near the top and seen a car descending towards me, plus two walkers going up, also, but on the right (lake) side. Next I heard this car coming up behind me, and fast. I was out from the gutter and thought he would slow and wait till he could see if it was safe to pass (it was not). I pulled out and indicated with my hand for him to slow down, but no, he pulled out and gunned it, totally blind to the dip below the crest and spitting stones /grit everwhere. He squeezed past me with cm to spare. Unknown to him, or maybe he did not care, the walkers were in the dip below the crest (hence me indicating for him to slow)and had to scatter for cover. He then nearly forced to other vehicle coming down into the wall! They beeped and flashed him, but it made no difference to this nutter.

I was quite shocked he passed me so close but not as much as the walkers who did not know where he came out of. I stopped and we all agreed he was close to taking us out. I got a partial reg, metallic blue, the year, the county (DL) and part of the number but no model so pointless to report. I kept an eye out all the back to Enniskerry in the hope I may see the car but no joy. It was his lucky day as I have a fly 6 but had forgot to charge it from a few days commuting. I lost recording at the Sally Gap!! If I had the footage, I was going to the Garda! I might do so anyway as I think he was localish! I think I would recognize the car again so I have not given up on reporting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Kaisr Sose wrote: »
    I am not sure if I encountered the same guy a few weeks ago, just before the top of lugala coming from Sally Gap. I encountered a potential killer with absolutely no regard for other road users. A total maniac!

I was near the top and seen a car descending towards me, plus two walkers going up, also, but on the right (lake) side. Next I heard this car coming up behind me, and fast. I was out from the gutter and thought he would slow and wait till he could see if it was safe to pass (it was not). I pulled out and indicated with my hand for him to slow down, but no, he pulled out and gunned it, totally blind to the dip below the crest and spitting stones /grit everwhere. He squeezed past me with cm to spare. Unknown to him, or maybe he did not care, the walkers were in the dip below the crest (hence me indicating for him to slow)and had to scatter for cover. He then nearly forced to other vehicle coming down into the wall! They beeped and flashed him, but it made no difference to this nutter.

I was quite shocked he passed me so close but not as much as the walkers who did not know where he came out of. I stopped and we all agreed he was close to taking us out. I got a partial reg, metallic blue, the year, the county (DL) and part of the number but no model so pointless to report. I kept an eye out all the back to Enniskerry in the hope I may see the car but no joy. It was his lucky day as I have a fly 6 but had forgot to charge it from a few days commuting. I lost recording at the Sally Gap!! If I had the footage, I was going to the Garda! I might do so anyway as I think he was localish! I think I would recognize the car again so I have not given up on reporting it.

It just might be worth your while reporting this to the Gardai. If you can get a Garda interested, you could strike gold.
    Colour+Year+County(DL)+partial number+local(ish) address
    Not too many cars would fit the bill.

Long shot, I know, but might pay off.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭sy_flembeck

Eamonnator wrote: »
    It just might be worth your while reporting this to the Gardai. If you can get a Garda interested, you could strike gold.

I'm with Eamonnator on this one. Any local Guard in a place like Roundwood would know who you mean if he's local as they'll have met him when out and about.

I know you are right guys! It’s a hunch he was local. I did not get the feeling he was just out for a drive - going / coming from somewhere, like he knew the road. I could be wrong on that but a totally certain he is a maniac driver.

Eamonnator wrote: »

You'd like to think they could run a search based on the info he has.
    Whether they can be bothered is another matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Fian

That's not really the issue. They probably can identify him based on partial information. They can't convict him based on that though.

In fairness, the Roundwood cops have quite a good track record of following up on things other cop shops might not have bothered with!

• Advertisement

Macy0161 wrote: »
    In fairness, the Roundwood cops have quite a good track record of following up on things other cop shops might not have bothered with!

Take your word for it, but why is this guy still in possession of a car while this is ongoing? Surely he could have had his own vehicle impounded awaiting the outcome of any court case? There is a weight of circumstantial evidence against him, its not merely a couple of anecdotal reports. There are dozens with reasonable description of the offender and his vehicle. That and hes pleaded guilty!
    Astonihses me he still has access to a car. I know its a claim that he needs it to care for an elderly mother, but surely the greater good must take precedence?

The original guy isn't within their area in fairness. All other reports I've heard of the nutter, are the Valleymount side of the Wicklow Gap, not on this side of the mountains or down around Djouce.

Indeed! Graham Dwyer knows this only too well!

The original guy isn't within their area in fairness. All other reports I've heard of the nutter, are the Valleymount side of the Wicklow Gap, not on this side of the mountains or down around Djouce.

Yeah i have no idea if same guy, unlikely. I dont think it was a Silver Seat Leon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

I remember reading on here something very very similar in the last few years...
    I think there was even a photo of "alleged car" parked in position in a lay by up around Wicklow gap with a warning about it.
    Light coloured silver/white yoke from memory but self inflicted brain cell genocide could have the better of me there.

links...

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/show...p?t=2057467663

links

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/show...p?t=2057467712

they dont seem to be working but just search for "WARNING" youll get it
    3rd time lucky https://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?subforums=1&forum=410&query=warning
    7th topic down...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

do you have any idea what make the car was? Seat leon has changed looks in recent years just in case you googled it and didn't recognise the pictures that came up..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

do you have any idea what make the car was? Seat leon has changed looks in recent years just in case you googled it and didn't recognise the pictures that came up..

Yeah make and model would be great i'll be over that way a bit the next two weeks...

Every car is a potential threat to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

http://wicklownews.net/2015/07/bikers-call-for-help-to-catch-wicklow-gap-biker-terrorist/

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Thins dude is a danger to society, needs to be picked and charged with a minimum dangerous driving by the sounds of it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Advertisement