Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on Vredestein Fortezza Senso All Weather Road Tyre please

Options
  • 17-12-2017 11:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking at a 25mm winter tyre and came across Vredestein Fortezza Senso All Weather Road Tyres

I know there's been talk of marathons, GP 4 seasons and a whole lot more but the prices of some of these are extortionate.

I'm mainly commuting through the city centre and want something fairly bullet proof.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

I have been using these tyres for about two years if not longer now (23 and 25 mm). Would recommend them for sure. I was on Continental GP 4000 before and these are overall just as good if not better. I guess the stronger sidewalls and better puncture protection while maintaining comfort are the main factors.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Michelin

Really nice tyre to ride, great grip also. Totally recommend these tyres. 25s. Oddly they may be slightly smaller than Conti 25 gps as the Conti's rub the the fork but the Vredistein don't. Only downside i would say is wear but that's more of a personal opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Thanks for the feedback.
    Also came across the extreme weather versions of these.
    Not sure a millimetre of snow justifies that though :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Thanks for the feedback.
    Also came across the extreme weather versions of these.
    Not sure a millimetre of snow justifies that though :)

I just bought these a couple of weeks ago.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/schwalbe-winter-spike-road-tyre-k-guard/rp-prod118113

and Fulcrum 7 CX wheels to fit them onto.

All for probably about 5 days a year that I may need them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Had a set of the Vredesteins and blew the sidewall out of one of them after hitting a hole a few km back, the front delaminated on the drive side. 4 seasons from then on and Open Pave

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭robinwing

A Brand New unboxed Diamonte Pro Rain and brand new a Diamonte Pro Tech , both for 70 , great wet grip , longevity and puncture resistance for winter

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Get In There

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/lifeline-prime-armour-road-tyre/

This is a great winter tyre. Have had only one puncture in 9,000km of running it on my rear wheel. Seems to roll fine for me. Grips okay.

And it may be gotten for cheaper on chain reaction last time I checked? 15e or thereabouts?

Advertisement