Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Children's and General Nursing

Options
  • 18-12-2017 2:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking for information on the Children's and General Nursing course in UCD.

Just wondering what the course is like, what is the workload like with exams, lectures, classes etc? What are the placement hours/days?

Would greatly appreciate any information on this :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Andru93

Hi,

I'm looking for information on the Children's and General Nursing course in UCD.

Just wondering what the course is like, what is the workload like with exams, lectures, classes etc? What are the placement hours/days?

Would greatly appreciate any information on this :)

Well There,

My sister is currently in final year of C&G in UCD. The workloads is a bit more than your normal general course. Aka you are doing two courses in 4.5 years where it normally takes 6.

Placement / Class
    First Year 1st Semester - College
    First Year 2nd Semester - Placement
    Second Year 1st Semester - College
    Second Year 2nd Semester and Third Year 1st Semester - Placement (with some college classes)
    Third Year 2nd Semsester - College
    Four Year 1st Semester - College (with some placement one day a week)
    Four Year 2nd Semster to End - is Placement / Internship.

Placement is normal 3 days of 12 hours in a week, however there are a few areas where its 5 days of 8 hours, or sometimes less. Not much different than the generals. The main difference is you be split between Mater / Vincents and Crumlin.

If you've any other questions I can ask for you.

More info here; https://www.nmhs.ucd.ie/study-with-us/undergraduate-programmes/childrens-and-general-nursing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Thank you so so much for all the information.

What is the workload (assignments, exam prep etc) like throughout the year? How often are there exams?

Are the placements in First Year 2nd Semester, Second Year 2nd Semester and Third Year 1st Semester paid?

Merry Christmas, I hope you have a wonderful time <3

Advertisement