Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bias moderation

Options
  • 18-12-2017 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭

Hello there,

I have a problem of bias moderation in the " Politics " forum.
    This place seems to be the right place to talk about it, am I right ?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Have you tried to discuss with the Mods or CMods? These are the first steps we recommend to a poster when they have concerns about moderation

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭bertie 56

dudara wrote: »
    Have you tried to discuss with the Mods or CMods? These are the first steps we recommend to a poster when they have concerns about moderation

Hi Dudara.
    Thanks for your answer.
    I've read the recommendations about contacting the moderator before.
    There is two things :
    - I have received a warning, an infraction and a one day ban from one moderator , the same every time. I have contacted him to say that I accept straight away them.

- I've report one " nasty " personal post with this moderator : he said he would have a look at it. That was Thursday, and I got no news. The post is still unchanged.
    - I then report it again , with 3 other posts on Friday, with the " report " button
    Now I don't have the name of the moderators that did receive these reports .

Please be aware that when you report a post, there is no onus on the moderators to respond to you directly. They may take action or they may not, but they do not have to provide feedback to you.

The names of the Politics moderators and CMods are visible at the right hand bottom of the forum. Please try to contact another member of the team to discuss your concerns

Please be aware that when you report a post, there is no onus on the moderators to respond to you directly. They may take action or they may not, but they do not have to provide feedback to you.

The names of the Politics moderators and CMods are visible at the right hand bottom of the forum. Please try to contact another member of the team to discuss your concerns

Thanks for your answer.

I understand that. I don't have any problem with the fact that the moderator doesn't answer to me.
    I have a problem with the fact that this moderator has, in my opinion, a bias way of moderating.
    I've been heavily " condemned " for light stuff, where he let other more important things going on.
    Yes, I can contact directly another moderator and see with him /her ( I'm going to do that ).

But this won't change the problem I have with the first moderator ( which is my query, really )

Here is a copy I send to the moderator :
    I'm now waiting for an answer from him.

<SNIP - content of PM removed>

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Bertie, please don't post PMs here. That's forbidden sitewide with the single exception of DRP.

I have removed the content of the PM that you have sent as it is a private conversation and should not be shared without the permission of both parties, or in the case of a DRP.

Let's see what response you receive from the moderators.

I have removed the content of the PM that you have sent as it is a private conversation and should not be shared without the permission of both parties, or in the case of a DRP.

Let's see what response you receive from the moderators.

Ok, I got that, Dudara.

I will let you know whenever I got news, and soon enough if I receive nothing from the moderator.
    Thanks for your work :-)

Hi Dudara,

I just had an exchange with the moderator .
    His answer is not at all satisfactory .
    What could be the next step ?
    Thanks.

Please try raising your dispute to a CMod

• Advertisement

Please try raising your dispute to a CMod

Ok, that is now done.

Thank you for your help, and all the best ;)

Bertie

Advertisement