Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Home Mini issues

Options
  • 18-12-2017 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭

I got a google Home Mini to see how it compares to my Dot but have a few issues that you may be able to help with.

1 - No Tunein radio listed in the Music Seciot in Home (All i see are Google Play Music and Spotify).

2 - When I try to connect to my samsung smart things API in google it lists my locations but shows no devices. The ST API works fine from any other app and I have other APIs connect with no issue (TPlink, ewelink etc).

In all honesty the Home Control part of Google Home Mini for me anyway seems patchy.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

you control tunein from the tune in app. casts to the mini. Once installed you can say Hey Dougal, play rte radio 1 on tune in radio and it works.

Home automation is a bit buggy. every time i add a new bulb i need to remove connection with hue and start from scratch to see the new bulbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

dfdream wrote:
    2 - When I try to connect to my samsung smart things API in google it lists my locations but shows no devices. The ST API works fine from any other app and I have other APIs connect with no issue (TPlink, ewelink etc).

dfdream wrote:
    In all honesty the Home Control part of Google Home Mini for me anyway seems patchy.

Have you added Smartthings correctly

Home Control
    Manage accounts
    Add Smartthings
    Then search for devices

Very similar to adding skills on Alexa.

TBH I use Google more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭thecivvie

dfdream wrote: »
    I got a google Home Mini to see how it compares to my Dot but have a few issues that you may be able to help with.

1 - No Tunein radio listed in the Music Seciot in Home (All i see are Google Play Music and Spotify).

There is no Tunein listed in the Google Home app. It just works out of the box. Oddly if I ask to listen to BBC Radio 2 it plays it from BBC and not TuneIn

I don't use Smartthings but my Hue and Harmony both work fine.on my mini

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Home automation is a bit buggy. every time i add a new bulb i need to remove connection with hue and start from scratch to see the new bulbs.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2017/12/10/google-assistant-adds-command-syncing-smart-home-devices/

"You can now say "sync my devices" to Google Assistant (on your phone, Google Home, etc) to refresh all of your smart home services"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

moonboy52 wrote: »
    http://www.androidpolice.com/2017/12/10/google-assistant-adds-command-syncing-smart-home-devices/

"You can now say "sync my devices" to Google Assistant (on your phone, Google Home, etc) to refresh all of your smart home services"

Great I'll try that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

thecivvie wrote: »
    There is no Tunein listed in the Google Home app. It just works out of the box. Oddly if I ask to listen to BBC Radio 2 it plays it from BBC and not TuneIn

I don't use Smartthings but my Hue and Harmony both work fine.on my mini

I think you might need the tune in app installed the the first time you enable it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭thecivvie

matrim wrote: »
    I think you might need the tune in app installed the the first time you enable it

I didn't have it installed when I used my GH first, just worked out of the box

Join Ireland Weather Network

Advertisement