Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Galway city has to offer this Christmas

Options
  • 18-12-2017 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Horses in An Pucan. Ahh thanks, but I'll pass on that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭JustShay

Cupán Tae should be there! Great place!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,438 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

HECTOR in An Pucan. Ahh thanks, but I'll pass on that one.

FYP.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭pure.conya

to make matters worse it's not even an original idea

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

What is the story with that Galway Player lad? Why is he famous?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

jenno86 wrote: »

He's not, he's just in marketing and his mug shoved in front of any camera going off in town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

jenno86 wrote: »

He gave dating advice on the radio years back and seemed to gain relatively moderate popularity on social media for no real discernible reason so he's now a lazy choice to promote stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Nettle Soup

I like that video.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,658 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Looking from the outside-in, I think he does marketing and to be fair to him seems like he is good at it too. Is involved in the Pucan group. I'm starting to think that this video is a Pucan advertisement and not a Galway advertisement.

An Pucan anc 1520 both heavily featured and advertised in it, owned by the same group. They are running a facebook competition lately and the prize is a Hartman's prize iirc, and their name features a bit in the video. The busker is also a member of staff there (or was, not sure) and has also done promotional videos for them.

I've no problem if it is, it's a well put together little clip in fairness. And the marketing behind it is obviously well thought through.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

According to a radio interview this morning Aer Lingus have approached them looking to use the video on their in flight advertising.

I'm all for anything that promotes the City in a positive way regardless of who's behind it.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Bundee couldn't wait to get away.

FitzShane wrote: »
    . Is involved in the Pucan group. I'm starting to think that this video is a Pucan advertisement and not a Galway advertisement.

An Pucan anc 1520 both heavily featured and advertised in it, owned by the same group.

Of course it's an advert.

Garavans is the other pub featured, which also has ties to 1520.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭pure.conya

FitzShane wrote: »
    Looking from the outside-in, I think he does marketing and to be fair to him seems like he is good at it too. Is involved in the Pucan group. I'm starting to think that this video is a Pucan advertisement and not a Galway advertisement.

An Pucan anc 1520 both heavily featured and advertised in it, owned by the same group. They are running a facebook competition lately and the prize is a Hartman's prize iirc, and their name features a bit in the video. The busker is also a member of staff there (or was, not sure) and has also done promotional videos for them.

I've no problem if it is, it's a well put together little clip in fairness. And the marketing behind it is obviously well thought through.

well thought out me hole, it's a thinly veiled promo for the pucan group made to look like a galway city advert to the regular joe soap on the street, very easily organised over a couple of pints with a biro, beermat and phone at hand, galway player is nothing more than a smart connected boyo with an iphone, he was a bar man in the front door not that long ago and in fairness to him he's managed to make quite a name for himself for making witty facebook posts and being a bit o craic on the wireless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Nettle Soup

pure.conya wrote: »
    well thought out me hole, it's a thinly veiled promo for the pucan group made to look like a galway city advert to the regular joe soap on the street, very easily organised over a couple of pints with a biro, beermat and phone at hand, galway player is nothing more than a smart connected boyo with an iphone, he was a bar man in the front door not that long ago and in fairness to him he's managed to make quite a name for himself for making witty facebook posts and being a bit o craic on the wireless

Your sentences have lots of commas. They make my head hurt.

pure.conya wrote: »

Ya, 'cos Hector would've turned up for free, ditto the horse owner would have yaken his nag into town just for the craic. Etc.

Agree its an ad.

But its pretty good as ads go and does capture the feel of the place well.

I hate the Galway player's attitude to playing, but have to admire the way he's created and is using the persona.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,658 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Ya, 'cos Hector would've turned up for free, ditto the horse owner would have yaken his nag into town just for the craic. Etc.

Agree its an ad.

But its pretty good as ads go and does capture the feel of the place well.

I hate the Galway player's attitude to playing, but have to admire the way he's created and is using the persona.

There are thousands of people around Ireland who can only dream of what he is doing. How he built up an online persona who no-one knew the identify of, into becoming probably one of the main marketers in Galway (using his own identity now) has to be commended. Has taken years of work and is paying off.

I remembering being in college when the whole persona first came about and I was kinda enthralled by it - who is it? etc.

Advertisement