Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How much coffee do you drink?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Candie wrote: »
    I tried out supercaffeinated coffee one morning, it didn't go well. My heart was beating erratically, I was talking too fast, I was thinking too fast and I was everything too fast. I was like this:

Tell me more about this supercaffeinated coffee!

Normally have 3 or 4 cups of coffee, no milk but laced with sugar. Instant is grand expect Maxwell House which I find very weak flavour wise. A few drops of vanilla extract sorts that though.

If I'm just milling about the house though I tend to favour tea. No milk, no sugar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

None

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dirtyden

Three or four cups a day. Usually ground coffee (French roast from Maher’s in cork). At work I will have instant. Love coffee. If I have it too late, after 9pm it does affect my sleep though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

I like my coffee strong, and have a 4 shot moka pot, which I drink two a day, only in the morning, never after 11am, and I buy the Lidl espresso tins.

I've never understood who drinks Maxwell House coffee, I don't like it.

I prefer bean to cup, or ground beans, not one for instant coffee anymore.

If I need a quick pick me up in work, a double espresso does the job.

Whilst I drink my coffee strong and black, I drink mugs of tea in the afternoon, very large, very weak, and black. Have my favourite mugs for each too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Three strong cups a day, every day. As long as it’s strong and sweet with the proper amount of milk. I don’t mind what kind it is.

I have one in the morning around 10 and that's it.
    I'm not remotely fussy and cba with fancy coffee. I know there is a difference but I'm happy as is

I was using caffeine tablets in the evenings for study or gym until I got the ol sleep apnea thing sorted. Consultant had a fit about that one, apparently there's way more than a few coffees' worth in one tablet. Had the odd energy drink in the afternoon as well. lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Two (Aldi) nespresso pods in the morning on the way to work and then a Dolce gusto when I get into work. I recently bought a contigo cup which cost €20. I would stop easily 2/3 times a week for a €2 seattles best but I wanted to rein in that spend a bit as it was adding up. I reckon I have paid for the cup now after a 2 weeks as I would invariably buy something else. The aldi nespresso pods are less than €2 for a 10 box so that's a nice saving of the guts of €40 every month.

Would have tea or nothing rather than instant coffee, even that posh Azera shoite, just don't like it, not being a snob.

Testament1 wrote: »
    Tell me more about this supercaffeinated coffee!

Tread carefully. it's not for sissies. I'm a total badass and it was too much for me so I'm not sure how a mere mortal would handle it. ;)

x354-q80.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,657 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Tread carefully. it's not for sissies. I'm a total badass and it was too much for me so I'm not sure how a mere mortal would handle it. ;)

x354-q80.jpg

Im intrigued. How many mg of caffeine?

• Advertisement

i found this on amazon:
    I asked Rocket Fuel, and they said that it depends on how large your teaspoon serving is. But 1 teaspoon and an average cup should provide 97.5mg of caffeine.

Im intrigued. How many mg of caffeine?

I can't remember, I don't have it anymore. Enough to give me ectopic beats and have me talking so fast I was asked to slow down!

I'm a very small person though, so it probably wouldn't affect a regular sized human the same way.

It wasn't even nice.

ETA: Bluewolf did the looky uppy thang ^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

2-3 cups a day. Amn't overly bothered about brands or that, any old tar with a drop of milk and spoon of sugar is alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Anyone ever drink carte noire? That was some of the best instant coffee. Then the go replacing it with L’or. Did start trek the next generation teach them nothing?

Some of the nicest coffee I ever had was from the kiosk on the South bound platform in Pearse Station.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

I drink around 10 cups a day.

Bean to cup machine at home, fill up a thermos in the morning. Usually some really dark/heavy Italian roast stuff.

Then at work, I constantly have a cup on me. I bought the office a new bean to cup machine, and I do the kind of work where I'm in and out of the office all day.
    It's not in me to walk past the machine without pressing the button.

Loads of milk, no sugar of course. I'll drink instant if there is nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Are you familiar with the health risks of caffeine? High blood pressure? Heart problems?

You're killing yourself drinking that much caffeine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

_Dara_ wrote: »
    Some cafés in Dublin charge less for coffee if you bring your own cup. Nice marketing slant for them too, I'm sure!

It really should be the norm though, I don't know how those unrecyclable takeaway cups haven't been banned all over the world by now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

4-6 cups a day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Was it your daughters wedding or am I mistaking you for another poster? If so, I hope the volcano behaved and it all went swimmingly :)

Thank you Candie :) It was for my daughter's wedding indeed. We had a fantastic time over there and the volcano kept quiet until a few weeks after we got back home.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

The only coffee I drink are those frappucino coffee cooler things with ice from gloria jeans or starbucks. Basically they have a lot of chocolate and cream and a smidge of coffee thrown in. I have them only every once in a while though, don't like any other kind of coffee. I am addicted to pepsi max though I have cut down to 500ml a day now. I drink maybe 1-2 cups of tea a day, lots of milk, 3 sweeteners, some days though I don't have tea at all, I can kind of take or leave it. Caffeine seems to have no effect on me, I've had a bottle of redbull right before bed in the past and just gone right to sleep, I can have tea or pepsi max at any time and go to sleep as well.

wakka12 wrote: »
    It really should be the norm though, I don't know how those unrecyclable takeaway cups haven't been banned all over the world by now

There's a bill going through due process for banning single-use non-recyclable cups.

Advertisement