Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Podcasts

Options
  • 18-12-2017 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭

Lots of long runs and bikes coming up so looking for some recommendations for podcasts to listen to. Don't usually listen to any so no real idea what's out there. Have looked at the brick session and bike fitter (think that's what it's called). Any other recommendations? Doesn't have to be necessarily tri related.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

I think you listen already but Fitter Radio.

Non tri related I like the Stuff You Should Know podcasts and tend to listen to them on my long runs, some pretty interesting topics covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

Ah I knew it wasn't called bike fitter! Yep have downloaded a few of them alright, not listened yet but had heard of them before.

Cheers for the recommendation.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

fitter radio definitely the pick of the bunch. oxegyn addict is a decent uk based one but the hosts constant referring to every guest as man is like some wierd 80's throwback and drove me nuts after a while. i tried endurance radio, now there is a host that would drive you nuts (so full of herself it's painful), apart from the fact that a lot of the show is questionable anyway.
    IM talk can be hit and miss, you have to take with a pinch of salt but they do have good interviews

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭carbonceiling

for interesting conversations, I like to listen to London Real or the Joe Rogan Experience. They have a wide variety of guests and do very interesting long form (2hr+) interviews that go much deeper than the superficial "here's my latest book" stuff you get on talkshows.

You should listen to the Ido Portal interview on London Real, or try the Dorian Yates one, which is compelling listening, he's a very intelligent guy who will completely erode any preconceptions you may have of him.

Another episode I really enjoyed recently was Paul Stamets on the Joe Rogan podcast, he is basically an expert on Mushrooms / fungi, it sounds unappealing, but it was seriously interesting stuff. I was painting the spare bedroom a few weeks back listening to it and the hours just flew by.

sometimes it is good to listen to someone completely outside of your normal sphere as it challenges your preconceptions and routine thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

I'm a big fan of Trail Runner Nation. Their podcasts average 1 hour and generally cover interesting topics and conversations. Can be light hearted too. Often catch myself smiling like a loon when listening.

I also listen to TA1 which is more adventure racing and interview based.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Shell to Run

Non tri related, the Documentary on One is brilliant and covers a wide range of topics. 40 mins long.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Moonfruit

Try this podcast: 'the brick session podcast' it's UK based.

And

'Triathlon Taren' vlog is doing a podcast now accessible from his web and with a link through his YouTube page.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Worn Out

Bad Boy Running is entertaining.
    They have some tremendous guests.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭Ceepo

Hi Joey.

scientifictriathlon.com

Some good information on here from time to time.

Advertisement