Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

roadworks in Ballysimon area?

• 18-12-2017 6:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭

Anybody know what the roadworks in the Ballysimon area, just beside the crossroads where OSheas pub is?

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭mdmix

not sure whats going on but it doesn't look connected to the smarter travel project. they started digging, and then refilling, square patches every 20meters between osheas and morrisons. they have now continued from between morrisons and the four elms.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭wherearewe45

I don't care as long as it involves widening those 2 bridges at the bottom of Golf Links Road 😣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Didn't look like they were widening anything, just a bit of maintenance on the sides of the road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

It's a disaster until the lights get removed. You sit backed up on the golf Links road can only get out when people allow you out. They need 3 point traffic lights.

If they could please replace that bridge to be wide enough for 2 vehicles that'd be great though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

I'd love if they widened those bridges too but can't see that happening any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭wherearewe45

Harambe wrote:
    I'd love if they widened those bridges too but can't see that happening any time soon.

Why though? Are private owners blocking any work or is there just a lack of will to get it done

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Jose Maria

Berty wrote: »
    It's a disaster until the lights get removed. You sit backed up on the golf Links road can only get out when people allow you out. They need 3 point traffic lights.

If they could please replace that bridge to be wide enough for 2 vehicles that'd be great though.

I hope it doesnt get traffic lights, I don't find it too bad the most I was ever backed up was to the underpass, it's the tools/bad drivers who block the bridge when there are 2/3 cars at the junction that cause a problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Jose Maria wrote: »
    I hope it doesnt get traffic lights, I don't find it too bad the most I was ever backed up was to the underpass, it's the tools/bad drivers who block the bridge when there are 2/3 cars at the junction that cause a problem

Sorry. What I meant was the they had temporary roadworks lights up but they were only for those on the ballysimon road. Those waiting to get off the golf Links road could only get out if a kind soul let them out so I meant that the temporary lights should have had lights for those coming down the golf Links road as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭OO7FITZY

10 years since they painted a yellow box on the bridge

does anyone know when the work will commence to upgrade that stretch of road by O'Sheas pub?

https://www.eplanning.ie/LimerickCCC/AppFileRefDetails/218006/0

• Advertisement
Advertisement