Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airplay Vs Sonas

Options
  • 18-12-2017 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭

I've a couple of sonar speakers which I love the sound off. However I find myself hardly using them as I'm restricted to the sonas app which doesn't have any iTunes play tracking & am considering ditching in favour of airplay (or possibly even just Bluetooth) enabled speakers.

Anyone any opinions on wether this is a good or bad move as well as recommendations for airplay enabled speakers I could audition?

TNX

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

OU812 wrote: »
    I've a couple of sonar speakers which I love the sound off. However I find myself hardly using them as I'm restricted to the sonas app which doesn't have any iTunes play tracking & am considering ditching in favour of airplay (or possibly even just Bluetooth) enabled speakers.

Anyone any opinions on wether this is a good or bad move as well as recommendations for airplay enabled speakers I could audition?

TNX

Before you jump and get an airplay enabled speaker. Maybe wait and see the reviews for the HomePod? Airplay 2, and can stream Apple Music directly from the speaker itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭OU812

Good idea. I could sell these & get a HomePod :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

Good idea. I could sell these & get a HomePod :)

It’s what I’m doing. But I wanna wait and see reviews first 😀

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

TNX

Hey OP I’ve both an extensive Sonos speaker collection as well as my Apple products. I wouldn’t change Sonos for anything.

What exactly it the issue you’re having? I can airplay direct from Spotify on my iPhone/iPad/iMac.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭OU812

faceman wrote: »
    Hey OP I’ve both an extensive Sonos speaker collection as well as my Apple products. I wouldn’t change Sonos for anything.

What exactly it the issue you’re having? I can airplay direct from Spotify on my iPhone/iPad/iMac.

Just never took to them. I absolutely love the idea of them & the sound is incredible, but it seems to me that the lack of airplay is a big mistake (I know airplay 2 is in the upcoming one). It's another step I have to make to play anything.

I listen to a lot of podcasts & to be honest a limited amount of music - have thousands of albums & listen to about 10!, but for the podcasting it doesn't track what's been played which means when I go to play on the move I'm lost as to where I'm supposed to be.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Just never took to them. I absolutely love the idea of them & the sound is incredible, but it seems to me that the lack of airplay is a big mistake (I know airplay 2 is in the upcoming one). It's another step I have to make to play anything.

I listen to a lot of podcasts & to be honest a limited amount of music - have thousands of albums & listen to about 10!, but for the podcasting it doesn't track what's been played which means when I go to play on the move I'm lost as to where I'm supposed to be.

Ah ok. I get you now. At the moment it only works via Spotify in app. Hang in there a bit longer and it will arrive.

Advertisement