Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transport from Athlone stn to Ericsson

• 18-12-2017 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I intend to start working with Ericsson at their Athlone campus in the new year. To start with at least I hope to commute by public transport from Dublin.

Looking initially at commuting the majority of the distance via train but is there a reliable way of getting from the Athlone station to the Ericsson campus?

I see a thread from around 6yrs ago mentions a shuttle bus to the town centre but unsure if this is still running, or if it goes near the station?

Or is there a better option from Dublin does anyone know?

Many thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭pawrick

Never used the local shuttle bus service but I often see it around town so it's still on the go

This route appears to cover bus/train station and stops at Ericssons:
    http://www.buseireann.ie/timetables/1484225967-A2.pdf

This one gets you fairly close to your work stop but would involve a walk the final part of the way in addition to talking longer.
    http://www.buseireann.ie/timetables/1484225833-A1.pdf

A bike if you like to cycle would probably be a lot quicker, 13 mins according to google maps using the nearby greenway or about 12 mins if using the Ballymahon road but with traffic lights and roundabout on that route.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

Hey, have you started yet, thats a fair sized commute by public transport.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭wolf99

Hi Old Perry,
    No, I haven't started yet. I am due to start in a few weeks. I'm instead looking at moving to Athlone at this stage though - not much in the way of rentals to be had according to daft.ie though :-\

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭blast06

wolf99 wrote: »
    Hi Old Perry,
    No, I haven't started yet. I am due to start in a few weeks. I'm instead looking at moving to Athlone at this stage though - not much in the way of rentals to be had according to daft.ie though :-\

A few spots in nearby Moate ... only 10-12 minute drive to Ericsson. Or cycle path from middle Athlone all the way to within 400 metres of Ericsson if that picks your fancy.
    Some great pubs in Moate!

Edit .... From middle of Moate i mean as Flazio has corrected!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,196 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Or if you really feel fit, cycle the whole way down the greenway from Moate to Athlone :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭wolf99

Cheers for the info folks. Got sorted with a house share very close to Ericsson, so I shouldn't need bike or even bus. I'll be pilling on the pounds without the morning cycle to and from work!

Advertisement