Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What system for home install

Options
  • 18-12-2017 7:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all

I’m looking at putting 4/5 cameras on the exterior of my house as were gable end and a big amount of land. I’d want white dome cameras and the dvr and relevant transformers. Monitoring from a phone afterwards also would be great. What are the best systems currently on the market?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Hikvison have a good range. Plenty of motorised bullet cameras which can be manually zoomed in and out from the dvr if you wanted to shoot futher up your land. They have a Turbo range or an IP range both of which are HD.

They have an app for remote viewing which is very easy to use and it is free. There is also desktop software which is also free.

IP systems are POE (power over ethernet) so only need 1 cable to each cable. IP systems are generally more exspensive tho.

Turbo systems require two cables, one for picture one for power. Power can be either standalone power supplies local to each camera or you could have a 4,5,8 way (or more) power suppy which feeds however amount of cameras you need. An indiviually fused power supply would be the way to go imo as it is easier to see if there are any power issues on any of the cameras.

Advertisement