Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBAM

Options
  • 18-12-2017 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I wanted to transfer money to First Trust Northern Ireland. worked out the BIC and IBAN using the Bank of Ireland online conversion. I keep getting the the error message "The details you have entered in the International Bank Account Number (IBAN) field are invalid."

Thanks
    Robert

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

I wanted to transfer money to First Trust Northern Ireland. worked out the BIC and IBAN using the Bank of Ireland online conversion. I keep getting the the error message "The details you have entered in the International Bank Account Number (IBAN) field are invalid."

Thanks
    Robert

If you have spaces in the iban remove them.

CORRECT:
    IE42BOFI90134312345678

WRONG:
    IE42 BOFI 9013 4312 3456 78

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jane

Thanks
    Robert
    Hi Robert,

Welcome to Boards and thanks for your post.

We'd advise that you type the IBAN and BIC code in to the relevant section rather than copy and pasting as the system may not recognise it properly. Also, please make sure you use capital letters and no spaces when entering in your digits.

If you are still getting an error message we'd advise that you contact First Trust directly as they may use a different IBAN than what has generated.

Its also part of AIB group, so please make sure the correct letters are being generated too.

If you need more help with this please get back to us here.

Thanks again, Jane

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Systemdown4

Thanks
    Robert
    Hi Robert,

We'd advise that you type the IBAN and BIC code in to the relevant section rather than copy and pasting as the system may not recognise it properly. Also, please make sure you use capital letters and no spaces when entering in your digits.

If you are still getting an error message we'd advise that you contact First Trust directly as they may use a different IBAN than what has generated.

Its also part of AIB group, so please make sure the correct letters are being generated too.

Thanks again, Jane
    OK, I'll try that, thanks.

Robert

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Systemdown4

Thanks
    Robert
    Hi Robert,

Thanks again, Jane
    OK, I'll try that, thanks.

Robert
    Thanks, got it to work.
    Bank of Ireland IBAN calculator put IE at front of IBAN but First Trust calculator put GB in front or IBAN and it worked

Robert

Advertisement