Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Happy Christmas 2017

• 18-12-2017 8:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭

Don't know how many O & O's are around these days as the place is so quiet, but as I sometimes hear rustling from behind the sofa, the occasional chink of glasses and a few giggles, I'd say there is still someone about the place. I just want to wish everyone a very Happy, and most importantly a Healthy Christmas. Hope it is all you wish it to be. We will be a small gathering on Christmas Day and I hope to deliver Christmas on time topped off with the traditional bowl of Brussels Sprouts (ugh!) as ever. Keep cosy everyone. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,742 ✭✭✭✭looksee

The chat has indeed gone a bit quiet, just the competitive types doing the quiz - which I am almost never able for! I will second your greetings, and given all the eejits about the (real life) place, a hope for a peaceful New Year. You would wonder if it is real life sometimes, or are they all just playing out fantasies at our expense.

Anyway, no idea what the Christmas dinner will be, I won't be cooking it. Not likely to be turkey as none of us are fans, and there will not be any sprouts! Next year promises to be a bit of an adventure for me, so I am looking forward to it. I hope everyone has a lovely holiday and a great new year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Oooooh I wonder what's in store for you Looksee, sounds exciting! Whatever it is, enjoy! Lucky thing not having to cook on Christmas Day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

/Throws a double handful of mints on the table
    Humbugs!

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Wearing your 'Bah! Humbug!' hat again, I see, OG! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

25398676_1108608485942329_6403804442767885588_n.jpg?oh=617dcaf14ca576d601c7ebd3bcebe2f9&oe=5AC5537D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Yes, a Happy Christmas and a healthy New Year to all.

I can't wait for the Christmas dinner. I love turkey, Brussels sprouts, and the whole shebang.

We're going to our eldest Daughter this year - her turn - and really looking forward to the excitement of Santa with the younger grandchildren.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭garancafan

My ideal dinner would be: the whole shebang, hold the turkey, hold the ham give me triple brussels sprouts.

Just the three of us for the gnosh: myself, herself and Ms gf. The latter ensures a day of laughter and banter. I bet the tele doesn't get switched on but the hifi and the dog work overtime.

As to the rustling behind the sofa, JB, if you just sat still the bugs might begin to hum.

Happy Yuletide all ye old geysers.

Advertisement